Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

junkyard locations

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nyyef, Oct 7, 2000.

1. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

there are a few things that i need for the interior of my 78. i am hoping to get them from the junkyards while i am in the US. can anyone direct me to some good ones in the houston and new orleans area (a 100 mile radius from these cities is good)?
    TIA

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I live in Houston. There are lots of junkyards. In Pasadena and Pearland (east, and southeast part of houston) there and some back to back. Just get a Business Yellow Pages and look up Auto Salvage.
    I'd hate to name specific ones because the inventories are always changing, but call ahead and tell them exactly what you are looking for. One guy I called when I was looking for doors got on his walkie talkie and radio'd to a few local yards and located a good set for me, even though it wasn't his yard.
    There are so many Chevy trucks in the US,and in the Houston area. ANY junkyard you go to will have tons of parts, even the small ones.
    Good luck.
    -- Mike