Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

junkyard scroungin

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mud390, Jun 14, 2003.

1. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I'm planning on hitting up the local U-Pull-it tomorrow and I have a few questions. Will the factory seat belts from 73-87 fit a 77 K5, or are there only certain years? Will Suburban seats mount right to my seat rails without any mods? Are there any other seats that will mount without any mods? What year model console will bolt up to my 77 with no mods? Thanks!

Kris

2. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Count on doing some mods, I don't know about your particular model but I changed out the seats on my 84 with some off a 88 and they didn't match the mounting bolt holes /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. I had to line them up , mark the holes and after drilling new holes I had to weld a 1/4 plate about 2x2 on each of the holes for reifocement, and then plug up the old holes, so you'll have to see the diff on your floorboard compared to the donor and see what kind of mods are needed /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope this helps, Jerry /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

suburban seats are on a pedestal, they wont bolt up w/o mods

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

But do the seats themselves (if buckets) just unbolt from the seat tracks and bolt to stock K5 brackets?

If you've got brackets, I always suggest looking for F-body (camaro or firebird) seats. Haven't heard anyone thats done it successfully (or tried) yet, but they should offer a lot better support than the K5 ones.

FWIW, 99% of the time Firebirds got better seats than the Camaro's.

5. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

sorry to say this, but my old 86 bronco had the best seats ive ever sat in. double armrests and it reclined all the way flat for those late nights stuck in the mud.