Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

junkyard seats

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RESTORE89, Jul 21, 2001.

1. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

read awhile back about some seat replacements from a junk yard, and so i went to the local yard and they took me around and let me look at all the seats they had, what a riot, riding around in the yard in a honda civic that had been reserected from the scrap pile, with a guy not even tall enough to see over the wheel. anway back to the seats, the only thing i found that was near what i wanted were in a 2001 toyota tacoma, and they wanted almost a grand, i almost fell over. granted they were leather with electric and a matching console, but $1000 for seats from a wreck that had to have killed somebody????
    anybody else ever roam a yard, and see all the wrecks and wonderm if the shattered glass and brown spots on the seats were fatal???
    pretty morbid if you dwell on it
    however, that only lasted about 15 seconds, until i got really excited thinking about how cool those leather seats with elct would look in my truck, even if there last owner was now room temp
    strange priorities

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah seen hair in the windshield, puke, blood, and other assorted goodies.....
    I got to ride in a yard car that was a front wheel drive that had the entire rear of the car behind the seats chopped off.

Dave

If You Drink Don't Park, Accidents Cause People.

91 K5 - in the process of 4" lift with D60/14FF plus LOTS of extras. ETF August 1.

3. 2Dogs

Oops - forgot to answer the MAIN topic. I want leather seats that have the belt coming out of the seat - will be easier to adapt to a full cage with the seats on the cage.

Dave

91 K5 - in the process of 4" lift with D60/14FF plus LOTS of extras. ETF August 1.

4. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

we spend lots of time and money working on our rigs to go play in the mud and these guys get paid to do it. anbody else think "junk yard wars" is a cool show?

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?

5. 2Dogs

JYW rules! Been a few posts on it.

Dave

6. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Junk Yard Wars ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! i have a pick UR Self yard near me and they only charged me $75 dollars for a pair of Leather seats out of a 99' mustang. And $95 for the seats I pulled out of 93 Vette.

7. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

i need to livwe near you!!!!
    ever see the one where they had to retrieve to car from under water, and the guys built the barge, then built a hoist arm out one end of the thing and it started to sink at trhe lift end, when they were showing the drawings, i couldn"t figure out why they just did not bring it right up throughn the center, but then thwere are alway us armchair quarter back who would always have a better plan.

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?

8. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

you can get the ones where you pay fity bucks and keep what ever you can pull out of the yard(if you have that nere your house)....thats what i'm gonna do when i find a set of black leather seats......

high

9. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

yea I was in a head on in 1987 at 55 that I should not have lived throught, my mother was driving. I remember looking at the totaled car and seeing MY hair, and MY blood. man I would not want to wish that on my worst enemy.

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

10. 2Dogs

Yeah, I wrapped my buddies scalp back on his head with my shirt one night after a road racing incident - not fun.

Dave

11. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

being te first on list of local police to be called on rescues ive seen many accdents like that

AJ
    Soon to wheelin spot near you
    Project Harvey[​IMG]

12. lukerz

lukerz 1/2 ton status

Hey Fatboy,
    I am in springfield area. Any yards like that near you?
    Lukers

83 K10 from 76 K5 & 83 C10
    Th350 Np203 355 CID
    31 X 10.5
    Plan on 2" body lift

13. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

you can try using <a target="_blank" href=http://www.car-part.com>www.car-part.com</a> i've found alot of good stuff there. i got a set of seats out of a toyota supra, and they kick a$$. only cost my 100 bucks and they are flawless. hope you find what you're lookin for.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    "With great power there must also come great responsibility" -Spiderman