Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Junkyard Wars: Team CK5???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BowtieRed, Feb 26, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

I was thinkin about this- we should try to get a CK5 team on Junkyard Wars. We could have a vote to name the top 3 most knowledgeable people on the boards, and the first place person would be captain. Then if they made the show (and probably would) they could somehow mention CK5 at various times and boost the site. Anyone think this could/would work anybody like the idea- this may have been covered and I did a search, but I could have missed the thread.

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

you know this could work, we've got some guys on here in the fabrication and welding industry that could whoop some ASS on that show. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BowtieRed

since it was my idea, i would volunteer to be on it. . .but i think you gotta be 18. . . so maybe we'll wait two years. . ./forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif nah- i'd just make CK5 look bad. . . /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. BowtieRed

bad news. . . .this year people enter as individuals, not teams. . . but they are taking applications now so go apply and be sure to mention CK5 when you make it!!!!!

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

It wouldn't even be entertaining we could send:

Dr. Watson
    Marv Springer
    Borregno (sp?)
    Butch
    Rene
    Russ
    Greg72
    KidJethro
    *i know i am forgetting like 100's of people but you get the point*

it is a dream team. you pick any 3 of those guys and the others are screwed, no matter what they build.

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

well for promoting the site you could always take some of the CK5 stickers and put em on the finished product! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BowtieRed

wait a sec! i got an idea and i bet junkyard wars would love it!!!!

CK5 vs. Pirate. . . yes!!! let's challenge them to an episode, now someone needs to write an e-mail to Junkyard wars, i seriously be that could happen, it would be a great episode!

8. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

No, we CK5 vs. the Ramcharger page or one of the Ford groups.

9. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

well if it was ck5 vs pirate you would hafta make sure there were no newbs on their team, or they'd just make fun of him the whole time and not build any thing.

10. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

that would be COOL I bet we would have lots of new members hopfully there would be lots of Chevrolet parts though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think we should go aginst another site

11. BowtieRed

that's true. . . haha

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    well if it was ck5 vs pirate you would hafta make sure there were no newbs on their team, or they'd just make fun of him the whole time and not build any thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's no crap, Sherlock!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I wouldn't even think twice of trying to be one to compete against POR as they would probably target me and try to do some bodily harm!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no I think there smarter than that, they would just have one person designated for that task, and swap off on occasion, making the newbie there little bit*h.

Seriously I like this idea but they should make it more ck5 vs the bronco site or something similar, like go 3ways that show and do ck5 vs broncs vs chargers.

pirate is too general, but it still could be a good show. that and quite a few members on here are over there too so...

14. BowtieRed

true- i'll write up a draft email to send to Junkyard wars later tonight, let ya'll proof it and let all ya'll 'sign' it- then head over to the Bronco and Ramcharger sites and send them the challenge and tell them what to do if they like the idea. And I'm sure Steve could have some nice influence on this, and we'd need his permission to use the name ColoradoK5.com. If this happens- i'm going to somehow bribe a competitor to sneak a photo of my truck onto the show/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sound like a good plan?

15. BowtieRed

can i get some links to those sites? the bigger the better!

16. BowtieRed

i know ya'll know the links, i'm trying to help ya'll here!

17. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

18. BowtieRed

Ramcharger Central accepts the challenge. I'll go to Classic Broncos tonight.

19. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Okay, how about FULL METAL CHALLENGE? Wouldn't that be better? See which group can build the best all around wheeler from scratch, using only parts from their chosen manufacturer (would have to be separate rule). The show gives you a 3 thousand dollar budget, and with this groups fabrication skills and 4x4 knowledge, we could walk away with it. Junkyard wars would be cool, but why not go with what we live, wheeling? Full Metal Challenge site GO CK5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. BowtieRed

That is a thought, but we wouldn't have to the other two teams, we could just vote on four guys to go and DOMINATE. It would be awesome.