Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Junkyards in Ft. Collins?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by johnnieg, Sep 8, 2004.

1. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

I just came up to Fort Collins for school and wanted to know if there were any reccomended junkyards up here.

2. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm not familer with the Ft. Collins area, but I'm sure there is a few yards up there. If you want to make a little drive there are a few not too far outside of there.

If you run down I-25 to Highway 34 and take it east towords Greeley, there is a yard about halfway between I-25 and Greely itself. Its on the North side of the road and you can't miss it as you drive by. Just can't think of the name right now. Plus if you keep heading to Greeley and hit the 85 bypass to the east side of town and go east on 8th street (heading out towords the airport) You will run into Anderson's. They are a well organized u-pull-it and turn the inventory over pretty frequently. I've pulled some good stuff out of there for mine. If you keep heading east on 8th you will see an even bigger yard with tons of trucks, but the guys running the place are jerks and would not let me (or anybody else while I was there) into the yard to roam.

If you came up from the springs you saw a few on I-25 between Denver and Longmont. Most are in the Erie/Dacono area. Its been a long time since I stopped in any of them, but last time I did they were very proud of their junk.

One thing that you could use to search out some stuff without leaving campus is log on to Car-part.com This is a nationwide network of junkyards, but you can search within the state and could find some other yards in the area within 50-75 miles. Plus the site links you to the yards that got what you need.

Happy hunting!

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

There is a yard up in North Fort Collins on 287. It sucks. Don't bother going there. They are VERY proud of there stuff and won't let you in there yard. I asked the price for a 14bff from them $800. I told him to FOD and left.

I think there is a couple yards down toward Loveland or Longmont somewhere but I don't remember where. I have heard about the yards toward Greeley too and I think those are the best bets. Other then that there are a couple good yards in Denver from what I hear.

Harley

4. ZooMad75

Denver's got a few good U-pull-it yards if you want to drive from fort collins. One is out in Aurora an the best I know of is in englewood on Santa Fe drive. The place is called Colorado auto and parts. I want to say its santafe and radcliff. that is a BIG yard and is open saturday 8-1. Good stuff to be found there!

5. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The one on santa fe is pretty good. As for the ones in Aurora its a crap shoot. Stuff goes thru there so fast you hardly have any time. I really dont like the PnP off of Peoria because everytime I've gone there its like going to the circus. Overly crowded, no place to park, and you have to go in pairs otherwise tools try to walk right in front of your eyes. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Action off of colfax and tower isnt too bad, but they havent really had anything good in there for awhile. I was just at both yards this weekend. What are you mainly looking for?
    Z /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info guys. I'm mostly looking for 3/4 ton axles and cheap 8 lug wheels, then also for parts when I bust stuff (or other people bust my stuff /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif)

7. ZooMad75

I'd hit andersons over in Greeley for what you are looking for. I was up there a couple of weeks ago and know they had a couple 3/4 tons with axles still on them. They do get some good traffic so they might have been swiped. But they don't mess around when it comes to crushing once they are stripped and then new stuff comes in.

I talked to the guys at the counter last time and they try to be at the big salvage auction (I think its at Klava's?) in Denver every week or so. Thats where they get most of the fresh stuff. They do try to limit to stuff from the early 90's and back so they don't have real new (late model) stuff.

Put it this way I've been over there within 2-3 weeks from my previous visit and half the trucks I snaked parts off were gone and new stuff was in place of them.

Plus the guys at Andersons are really resonable. I got charged 10 bucks for a tailgate window regulator that would have been 25 anywher else.