Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

junkyards with fullsizes

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Impex, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

i wanna do a hydro conversion on my '78 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif. anyone know of a junkyard to go to that i might have luck at? thx guys

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I found one on Broadway that has 30 or so Chevy/GMC full size trucks. They only part out trucks and vans. They have some dually rigs which I beleive had the hydro brake boost. It was named U Pull it or something like that. Head south on 35th ave to Broadway then head east. It is on the south side of the road. They have Trucks 4x4 Vans painted on the fence a few times and I think they even have a few trucks hoisted up in the air along the fence. They charge $2 to get in. They let you pull your own parts. And they have the largest collection of GM trucks I have seen. They have everything there (well almost).

I am going tomorrow to look at a couple new rigs they are putting out and I'll post the exact name when I get back.

3. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

It is called Pull-A-Part. Their address is 3035 W. Broadway. Number is 602-243-5400.

[Assuming you want hydro brakes and not clutch]

They had only one rig with the hydro brake booster. It was 100% complete. The entire engine compartment was untouched as of today. Every other 1 ton had the brake booster removed.

[/Assuming you want hydro brakes and not clutch]

Good luck

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Call randy at Driven Auto...

DW

5. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

sorry, i should of been more specific i was meaning hydro clutch conversion.

Rolled: thx for looking for me though i will definitely keep that place in mind.

K5 NUTT: Is that for Hydro brakes or Clutch?

6. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I agree with Driven Auto Parts...
    speak to Mujee (I'm not sure how you spell it but that's really his name) super nice, great prices, super knowledable.

7. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I am 90% sure I am going to do the manual to auto swap within the next two weeks. I think I am going to buy the tranny tomorrow but I am leaving town so I won't be able to swap it out right away.

Anyways, I have a 465 hydro in my rig (1987) right now and it will need to find a good home. I am hoping to sell the whole thing as a package but if I can't, I'll gladly seperate it and sell you whatever parts you need to convert yours over.

Price? Whatever is fair. I have not looked into its value yet but I was thinking no more than $200 for the 465/208, pedals, column w/key, and any other parts I pull out of it to put the auto in. If you want it all, it's yours. If I can't sell it within a VERY short amount of time I'll split it up for you. Let me know...

8. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm interested in the whole manual conversion package, but need the whole works. I'll PM you also,
    Thanks
    Mark