Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jury Duty Scam....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nc87k5, Apr 4, 2006.

1. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I'm not sure how true this is, but I received it thru my work email from one of the VP's alerting us of the scam

JURY DUTY SCAM

A new kind of scam has surfaced. Fall for it and your identity could be stolen.

In this con, someone calls pretending to be a court official who threateningly says a warrant has been issued for your arrest because you didn't show up for jury duty. The caller claims to be a jury coordinator.

If you protest that you never received a summons for jury duty, the scammer asks you for your Social Security number and date of birth so he or she can verify the information and cancel the arrest warrant. Give out this information and your identity could be stolen.

The scam has been reported so far in 11 states, including Oklahoma, Illinois, Colorado, Texas and California..

This (scam) is particularly insidious because they use intimidation over the phone to try to bully people into giving information by pretending they're with the court system.

The FBI and the federal court system have issued nationwide alerts on their web sites, warning consumers about the fraud.

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

It would be great to have the throat of a scammer in my hand... so I could squeeze it until he stops breathing.

Thanks for the tip.

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

my mother worked for fed government for 33years. and she has always told me. if thay want your social security # dont give it out for just anything. you dont leagley half to give it out to just anyone who asks. if for aplication or other paper work o.k. but its like gold dont mess with it.