Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just a few simple questions... RTI, leaf springs...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ugly_blazer, Aug 22, 2004.

1. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

A have read several post about 63"? springs. What trucks do these come from?

What type of vehicle will typically do better on an RTI ramp, a long or short wheelbase? (ex. - K5 or K20 with similar suspensions)

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

63" springs come from 88+ C/K trucks. RTI ramp scores are based on wheelbase, so there's no cut and dry answer to your wheelbase prefrence question.

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

As far as what wheel base will do better on a ramp, None. The way the calculation for the score works, it levels the field by taking the wheel base into consideration.

4. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Ok, thanks. I remember the post that Tim made where he used a forklift to lift a tire, I may do that since there are no ramps in my area and post the number here for the mathematicians...., there is a formula to figure it out?

5. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Distance travelled up ramp / wheelbase x 1000 = RTI

So if you have two rigs diff wheel bases going up the same ramp and they both traveled 75" up the ramp the scores are like this.

75 / 106.5 x 1000 = 704
    75 / 116 x 1000 = 646

The longer wheel base scores worse. It should be easier for a longer wheel base to go up a ramp.