Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just a heads up

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ryoken, Mar 23, 2006.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

anyone looking for seats might wanna take a peak at these..

I'm always very leary of products from Whitney. But I actually sat in these before I learned where they where from.. A bud bought em for his raceboat, I looked at em and was surprised where they came from for how nice they are.. Apparently they are on clearence at $320 a pair..

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...tom-0/p-2010572/N-111+10201+600010363/c-10101

2. bnate

bnate 1/2 ton status

Hmmmm, Free Shipping "today only" .......of course :rolleyes:

90 days interest free

Inviting. Anybody sell these seats to check them out first? Pep Girls, Kragen, AutoZone, whatever. No offense, just a prudent shopper.

Thanks for the info. My seats are original... trashed. Always lookin' for replacement.

3. ryoken

nah, its cool.. don't know about any "in store" locations.. but i was pretty impressed for the few seconds i sat in em... Not a suspension seat, but I would run em as a cheap alternative to PRP's, Beards, etc..

I need new ones bad myself, trying to finish my floor and herculiner first, but if i had the cash this week, i woulda jumped on em..

4. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

Do you think these seats would be comfortable for someone that is 6'2" and 240 lbs? I like to have room and not feel like I dont hae any room. What do you think?

5. ryoken

well, i'm about 6' 1" and 230 and i fit fine..

they are a raised side seat, but i expect you'd contend with that on any of that style..

I will say they wheren't quite as soft and mushy as my 25 yr old factories, but I thought the cushion, etc was all very nice.. much better than anything I usually expect when i hear JC Whitney..

I'm sure a 10 hr stint in em might not be as comfy as factory, but I was pretty impressed for a non-suspension...

one thing my bud said was he wasn't sure what color combos where left. his where the red insert/black side and they looked pretty sweet.. personally, I'm kinda hoping for orange insets on mine so i'm leaning torwards a custom PRP or Beard when the time comes..

6. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

same seats on ebay for cheaper.. just search racing seats. I put them in my k5, I like them a lot.

7. ryoken

8. ryoken

I may check into these further when the time comes... Only orange/black seats I've seen... Other than some custom order from PRP, Beard....
    [​IMG]

I'll have to check into this BOMZ, sounds a little fart cannish to me... :haha:

400 a pair tho, not bad....