Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just a little crack

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SWIVEL, Aug 29, 2001.

1. SWIVEL

SWIVEL Registered Member

this weekend i went down some trails that hadn't any wheels for years. i ended up having to fit my wide body through two trees. well i cracked my back left glass on my top. the crack is getting bigger every day. has anyone done this before and how much would it cost to fix?

So I got that going for me.....which is nice!

2. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I did this recently. Some punk ass did a drive by with a BB gun and shot out one of my rear side windows. I got the window for and gasket for $75 dollars at a local yard. I could have gotten it for less if I knew what I was doing. Anyway, take out the old window any way you want, just be careful not to damage the roof, as it's fairly thin where the window goes. Push a piece of rope into the gasket (with the gasket on the new window) all the way around where the gasket fits into place in the roof. Put the window in as best you can then have some one hold the window in place while you get in the truck and slowly pull the rope out, which will pull the lip of the gasket into place. You can use some soapy water for lubricant if you need it.

I don't think so, therefore I'm probably not.

3. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

You 85 should have the two piece window weatherstrip. The center part of the weatherstriping (the round part) is a seperate piece that actually comes out. Somwhere, usually in the center of the bottom of the window), there is a metal piece that is conformed to the shape of the weatherstripping that covers the joint. Pull that out with a small screwdriver. Then the inner weatherstriping will come out of the whole window length. Then just push the window towards the outside of the Blazer. Installing is just reversed. Use a squirt bottle filled with liquid soap and water and spray around the entire window. It is very easy and puts alot less stress on the thin fiberglass around the windows.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/>http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/</a>Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.