Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just a quick e brake cable for my 14 blt

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlueOx, Sep 5, 2002.

1. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

Ok, I spent about 2 hours reading previous post on this subject and there were no definite yes or no answers. The new 14blt axle I have has the e brake cables that go to each side of the frame. The 10blt I have now has the cables that run down the driver’s side of the frame. My question is can I use my cables off the 10blt and put them on the 14blt? If not is there a place I can get the right ones?

Thanks
    Charles

2. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

All these swaps out here and no help /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Give some time, the people who have hit this problem (and have real answers) may be at work or just haven't looked yet.

FWIW (not much), IIRC (enough disclaimers? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ) the 10 bolt cable can be switched onto the 14BFF at the backing plate.

[Edit] For that matter, what the heck. Look at it, and if it looks possible from the outside, give it a whirl and find out... That's generally the way I would approach it anyway...

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

The necessary length should be the same, (you didn't change wheelbase) so check that the cable ends at the drums are the same, (how and where they lock into the backing plate and attach to the lever) and if they are, should be no reason the 10 bolt stuff won't work.