Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just a quick question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Calclips, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Alrighty.... well, I must confess that this question is about an IFS truck, but its pretty universal so you wizards should be able to take this one no sweat. (bear with me, I'm actively looking for a straight axel truck.) When I drive down the road in my current truck, the 4wd lever vibrates and wiggles back and forth. The unit works perfectly and there is no audible noise at all, nor can you feel it wiggle unless you hold on to it. Is this bad driveline angle or is it just loose linkage, etc... Any help you can offer me would be helpful. I'm looking to sell the truck soon and I think that thing wiggling all arround would be kinda a killer to a potential sale.

2. doubledeuce

doubledeuce Registered Member

Does this truck have a lift? Sounds like there is something lose down there somewhere. Had the same problem with tranny shifter on my manual tranny but it was the crossmember. Don't know how it got loose but tightened it up and solved my problem. Check to see if everything is tightened up. ie... transfer case to tranny, tranny to crossmember etc. MIght solve problem. When does it happen? In 4 wheel only or all the time? DD

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    The truck has a 3" body 3" suspension, as far as when it does it.... I don't know. I haven't really looked when its in 4wd, but I do know for sure that it does it in 2wd. I think the lever or linkage is just loose though. It seems as though the crossmember or tranny->transfercase bolts would rattle or clink or chunk, etc...

4. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Mine did that when the stabilizer for the t-case came loose.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/outlaw613/K5.html>http://www.geocities.com/outlaw613/K5.html</a>