Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just a really nice photo...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Aug 20, 2004.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

This is one of the photos I took on my recent trip back to Bishop, CA. This is a 6500 foot hill top overlooking Bishop and Bishop Airport in California during a thunderstorm in the middle of August 2004. This is also where hang gliders launch. Nobody whas there on this day though. Probably because of the storm.

[​IMG]

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

woah thats awesome! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That is a great Pic and it reminds me of 29 Palms SOOOOO much.

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Kewl /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Not to highjack -- well, slightly /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif -- is that four-color camo, or rust repair? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-- A

7. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

whats that ugly thing blocking the view of the scenery!!!!

just kidding /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

so peacefull,so sireen. that looks cool,i love watching storms move in. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. landsmasher

[ QUOTE ]
    is that four-color camo, or rust repair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rust Control... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

10. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Bishop is a sweet area. Not to many people and lots of trails to explore. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Welcome back Larry. Where ya ben?

12. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Thats not an airport, it's a landing strip( it's really small) then again, that's the idea, right? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Sweet, i need to move out of michigan all we have is TREES! and some sand

14. landsmasher

[ QUOTE ]
    Bishop is a sweet area. Not to many people and lots of trails to explore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.. Got about 100 left to go and then I can start working the Independence and Lone Pine areas. Let's just hope Barbara Boxer doesn't get her way and they stay open for a while. She wants to close down 95% of that mountain range to vehicles. I hit two trails in the Whites and two in the Sierras while I was up there this time. 11 days of Bliss....!!!!

15. landsmasher

[ QUOTE ]
    Welcome back Larry. Where ya ben?

[/ QUOTE ]

Been in Bishop for 11 days. Had to move for a week before that so I been off line for about 3 weeks now I guess. It was great!... No TV, newspapers or internet for that long does something good to your head. All I had the whole time was one good classic rock and roll station. PERFECT!

I really wanted to maybe keep going and head your way but just have to wait till next spring for that one. Too much going on right now. Bishop was nice though. I went to Queen Dick's Ranch (100 years old) just about 35 miles north of Bishop and also to Montgomery City (140 years old) a few miles more north. Hardly anyone goes out to those places and a lot of the structures are still around. I even found a 100 year old horseshoe. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

16. backcountry

Ya Independence and Lone Pine are sweet areas also. We set up a base camp around their and ride our dual-sport motercycles all over. Have you ever been to Bodie? It is still in great shape even though there are a lot less building no days. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

17. landsmasher

I went to Bodie about 15 years ago and the road was so washboarded that I decided to never go there again. Nice ghost town though. Really interesting place to visit for a day. How about that Boot Hill!

18. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

WELCOME BACK SPACE COWBOY

19. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

(There's allways that one guy)

20. backcountry

[ QUOTE ]

Been in Bishop for 11 days. Had to move for a week before that so I been off line for about 3 weeks now I guess. It was great!... No TV, newspapers or internet for that long does something good to your head. All I had the whole time was one good classic rock and roll station. PERFECT!

[/ QUOTE ]

For sure Larry! It is amazing on how good it feels to cleanse the mind, body and soul. I do it often.

I do quite a bit of backpacking and it does an even better job. Reason being is because you don't have to worry about car troubles or being harassed.

It really puts things into perspective when you realize how insignificant most of our issues really are in comparison to beauty, size and age or our surroundings. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif