Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just an FYI about something big in my life

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Apr 19, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I sort of ended things with Tshy last week. Not that its important news to you guys, just telling the Ck5 family. Still hasn't really sunk in that I even did it. I stopped and thought about it 2 times really(one when dad was giving me some speech I didn't need to hear about fish in the sea and not picking up the phone no matter how much you want to), and both times I was very close to tears... I really don't cry, I'd like to have cried both times, but they were both when I was with my dad and just not a time to break down.

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

That's a shocker sled dog.

I hope you guys are able to patch it up, you seemed like a great couple. Keep in mind I'm seeing things with little information from far away.

Hell kid, I hope your ok. Nothing worse than a seperation.

3. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I feel your pain. Ending a relationship is just as hard as starting one, with less to look forward to. Telling you the pain will slowly go away isn't gonna help you right now, but it will get better. Hang in there little bro, life is full of good surprises.

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Do what you gotta do. It's gonna be hard to cope with, but you'll get through it if you stick to it.

5. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

that sucks man but, i hope it improves things in whatever way you hope it would not gonna be fun or easy to get through but you've always come across as a guy who don't give up so i'm confident you'll make it through

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

This may sound kinda cold or something but You need to just get over it and move on. Take some time to Yourself and just forget about her. Go spend some money on yourself or something. Soon enough You will find good local girl who will get Your mind off of her, but You should try out the whole team befor You pick one player.

7. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

break it to the hedgehog nicely.
    replace her with a second monitor.

and if you really think its best, make a promise right now to yourself to move on.
    as soon as you think you're over it, she'll try some 'lets get back together' bullsh*t

peace

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What happened ?? Why did you break it off with her ??

9. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

:ears:
    no kidding you guys sounded real good,
    of course this is coming from a guy on the internet 3000 miles away
    sucks dude, sorry to hear that :(

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

since she moved to NY I've become a secondary thing in life. I was cool with that since shes in a new situation and doing her home schooling thing. But its continued for 4 months now. In the past month I called her almost everday. She called me a total of 3 times. 2 of which she had to cut it short, said she'd call back, never did. Oh and all the times I called, she probably answered a total of 10 times. She gave me some reason that friends were pissing her off and she thought I would just be questioning her and doing the same. I told her fine, if she doesn't want to answert he phone, she won't have to anymore. She is free to call but I'm done.

Ruby blinked twice and sniffed the air when I told her. I think that means she is here for me. If I find a second 19" cheap I may go with dual monitors, that would fix the world.

11. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

My wife and I broke up several times over eight years of dating. For every reason, including distance. My wife and I, have been married almost nine years now, have three wonderful kids and are best friends.

If it is meant to be, it will work out and if not you are better off knowing now rather than ten years and two kids later. I've had many friends that learned that one the hard way.

12. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Long distance is always real hard, thats tough man, but as was said if its meant to be it will work out

13. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

nothing like the affection from a spikey rodent to help you pull through

14. originalspanksta

originalspanksta 1/2 ton status

sounds like some guy i know.....

best advice I can give is dont try go get into a relationship with a new girl very quickly. take some time for yourself, and it will get better eventually.

15. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

spanky and i were talking, and if were to become single again, id be with more fat chicks.... i know it really sounds insensitive.... but hindsight.... 20/20.....
    standards are BS, and great personalities

16. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Sled_Dog, a little tip from a guy who went through the exact same thing with his current wife.

My wife went across the country for Grad school for each of her clinicals... She has gone to North Dakota, Michigan, and when I lived in Milwaukee, she had a 3 month clinical in Madison... While she wasn't away on clinicals, she lived in Chicago and went to Northwestern, while I stayed in Milwaukee and had to live without her for 2 1/2 years. I visited her on weekends when I had time, changed my work schedule to match her school schedule, and made it work because I loved her that much. Many times we thought about separating, but in the end, we always decided to stick it out. Your 4 months is nothing really... you are only one state away... and unless you live in Southern PA and she lives in Northern NY, you should be able to get over there to visit her if you really want it to work.

Honestly, if you need this girl in your life and you are breaking up because you are too lazy to drive a couple hours each weekend to visit her, then you are breaking up for the wrong reason. If you are breaking up with her because you don't like the way she has been treating you, and you are growing apart, then maybe you need a break. Go see other girls, go to some bars, strip clubs and tattoo parlors, and have an all around good time.... but don't forget about Tshy just because you want to forget...

There were many times when my wife said I couldn't come down to visit her when she was in school, and i was severely hurt by it, but realized that if I came to visit, she wouldn't get anything done for school, and I'd be hurting her more than helping our relationship. In the end, everything worked out well, so take your time, and do what's right.

17. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm not allowed to visit every time I offer to go. I'm in Western PA, shes in Eastern NY. Its about a 5-6 hour drive. One I would be willing to make. She thinks long distance relationships are stupid and can't work, I agree but only when one of the people doesn't even try(as in my situation).

18. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

In that case... have fun bro... and live the SINGLE life... Stay Intoxicated Nightly Get Laid Everyday...

19. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Whose Ruby?

20. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Check his avatar... its his hedgehog :D