Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just An Idea

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1HighK5, May 26, 2005.

1. 1HighK5

1HighK5 1/2 ton status

I've got a full set of 8 inch Superlift Springs For 3/4 Ton Chevy truck. A buddy of mine has a 79 Ford F350 Might those springs fit on that truck, I haven't taken any measurments yet to see if they might. Just wonder'n are they close enough to work. If any one can answer this it would be great.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

no. Didn't you ask this and get a response already? You can measure, if they are anything more than like .5" different, its not going to happen without different shackle setup at the least. Center pin location is likely quite different too.

3. 1HighK5

1HighK5 1/2 ton status

Thank you, I had asked this question before but didn't get a for sure responce and my buddy was over before and had brought it up again I really didn't think it would work. but to tell him for sure I figured I'd try one more time. Thank you

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I really can't say 110%, measure and you will know really quick. Just measure the springs and the rig from eye to eye. Then from centerline of the axle to the front and rear eyes. That will give you center pin location. I have never ever heard of someone swapping these springs, so I can't believe they are the same.