Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just an update

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Yukon Jack, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Well, things did not come together quick enough on the K5, was hoping to have it running for a car show last weekend. When I went to fire the engine had tons of oil gushing out of the back of the engine - looks like the rear main seal was way past gone. Hope to get it replaced in the next few days.

Finally have given up on the body shop. Called the guy Monday an told him I'm picking up the K20 regardless on whether he is finished on Friday. He has so little to do that he has no excuse for not having it ready, but given his track record, I don't expect him to have it done.

Here's how it is right now, just needs a few runs sanded and buffed out. He still hasn't painted the transmission hump, the steering column and the glove box door, would be nice if he would do that.

[​IMG]

2. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    I feel for ya on the body shop thing. I sent mine to Denver to a shop and after 3 months they called me and said come and get your truck, we havent started on it and we are closing the shop. guess what a year later and the shop is open. I took the truck to a local shop and paid 4 times what the original estimate in Denver was. But at least they did get it done.

Denver shop did pay to have the truck delivered back to me though!

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Maybe they were just trying to cut their losses after giving you a lowball bid. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Since you live on the West Slope, do you know any good body shops, I need some body work and paint on my '72.

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Looks good YJ!
    I should be picking up my BBC longblock next week /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    man i can't wait!!!!
    Later
    Burt

5. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I bet! That will be very exciting and I can't wait to see you get up and running. I sure hope fitment goes well for you, really seems to vary, why I don't know.

My wife's grandmother passed away and the funeral is Friday so we won't be in town, but I am going to get the K20 Sat. or Sunday. Have my fingers crossed that he will have it finished, but if not, still going home with me.

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Well..hang in there and remember to celibrate her life not morn her death...we all gotta go someday...

Hopefully the fact you told him your comming to get it will slap him around a bit to get it done.

Talk at ya later
    Burt

7. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    gjk5

Yeah I figured they looked at the bid again and said OOHH this is gonna cost us money!!

Well I had mine done at Concept Auto Body located in Eckert up Hwy 65 from Delta. Martin's in Delta does good work. Dave Fender also in Eckert Great work but $$$$$$$. Montrose I would use Mylers or Kearn's. I am not familiar with much in Junction. I like to ask the Street Rodders. They ussually know who is good and reasonable. Good luck.

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Thanks, I would ask K5nutt, but he hasn't lived here long either. I may call down to some of those places in Delta/Eckert though.

9. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

I've had good luck with Performance Auto Body in Montrose , but I have to agree with 70jimmy about asking the street rod guys. Most of them have building rods for years and know "who's, who" in the paint biz /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif