Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just became a member..a few ??????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by EricT, Sep 16, 2002.

1. EricT

EricT Registered Member

some of you migth rememebr me asking some ???a fe wmonths back,about building a trail only beater...Well,I decided,after rolling and totaling my 95 dodge back in nov,and just have been saving my cash since then, instead of getting another new truck,and having a truck payment and beating the trash outta it..Am going to buy me a 77-87ish blazer,for my trail and daily driver....prefer 77-79
    here are a few of my ?????
    Anyone in,or around Foley, Alabama or florida,somewhat close to Pensacola,that has or knows of any good deals on a running blazer???I have been looking thru the auto trader and thrithty nickle,but damn,guys are real proud of their stuff here..havent seen a running blaze under 6 grand...some even 10,5..and that was for a 85...looking at spending about $1 grand up to $3500.the rest of my money I saved is for axles,lift,gears,tires,motor mod,etc,etc..but I dont want to buy some one elses problem you know..looking for a mostly stock,so i can built up from that..if anyone has any info,it would be well taken..thanks fellas..Eric..

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Check the Blazers/Jimmy's For sale forum here...plenty of deals come up.

Rene

3. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

First off...welcome! Also try looking on Ebaymotors (if you haven't already).

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I found mine by placing a wanted ad on local Rancher/farmer message boards. Lot of farmers have trucks in a barn somewhere. You'd be suprised on what you might find. I ended up with a 1976 K5 Blazer in real good condition (almost 100% stock) from the original owner with only 83,000 miles on it for $1,500.00 and only had to go 500 miles to get it. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. EricT

EricT Registered Member

Thanks for the replies..there are plenty of farmers where I am stationed..where would i go about finding a message board for em???like the local feed store or???
    and just curious..how long does it take for your name to go orange after paying???thanks again ...

6. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Give it a few days for your name to go orange... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I did a search for them on the web. But stopping at feed stores and asking around might be a good idea too.

8. EricT

EricT Registered Member

I guess ask and you shall recieve huh..i am organge...cool...hey z3..hate to keep bothering you on the farmer board thing..but what exactly did you look under for doing the search???thanks..

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I just put in rancher/farmer message board and (/SD) for South Dakota. Do that with your states ins. Try everything you can think of. I posted my wanted ad and got replys with in a few weeks.

10. EricT

EricT Registered Member

Thanks..will hit that up in a few..after I get thru going thru the for sale ads on the board here...

11. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Im not sure how close to you this would be but I heard about a Blazer on HWY 19 around Cross City. Its already lifted and such. I can get more details if its close enough to you. All I can get is a better idea of exactly what town it was and what it looked like. I do know it was at a car lot. I think it was around 4500.