Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just booted my new PC that I built..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudFrog, Aug 9, 2002.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

And it is SWEET!!
    Here's the specs.
    Athlon XP 1700+ @1654 w/Thermaltake Volcano7+ HSF
    ASUS A7N266-C w/Thermaltake crystal orb chipset cooler
    PNY 256MB PC2100 w/Thermaltake Active cooling HSF
    Leadtek GeForce4 Ti 4200 64MB
    Onboard Dolby Digital sound
    Liteon 24x10x40 CDRW
    100MB Zip
    Lian Li PC-7 case
    420w Dual fan PS
    So far a total of 6 80MM fans

CPU during idle runs at about 45C and 48-50C under full load
    Mobo runs about 36C during idle and 38C under full load

Here is a link to my 3dmark2001SE comparison page. (This is with no tweaking or overclocking of the video card, only with the latest DetDrivers. http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4150920

Hopefully by the end of the weekend my score will be over 10k.

And for some pics..
    Pics are without the crystal orb and memory HSF and I still need to clean up my wires a little bit. http://community.webshots.com/album/46380732XkjpfL

Let me know what ya'll think. Any suggestions? (besides 512MB of RAM /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sounds nice. My friend bought a starter kit at Sam's Club, got 256mb of ram, and a AMD 1900+ prosseser. That's about all I know. I've got a IBM Pen. 3, 1ghz, 320mb of ram. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I think that you're cutting the system off at the knees by not running AT LEAST 512MB of RAM. Oh wait, you said besides the RAM... Ummmm, sounds good then! </font color>

4. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Yea Yea Yea...
    I'm gonna upgrade the RAM to 512 for a lot of reasons but even with the 256MB PC2100 it's a huge improvement over 128MB PC100 /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Just curious, do you use that zip drive a lot? I have one on my Mac, and I'll be darned if I even know if it works. I just unplugged the one on my home system in favor of another hard drive. I can't say I've used a zip disk in about five years...

Nice looking system, I like the case. I can't stand all this wierd crap that's out now, curvy cases and stuff. It's nice to see some solid cornered style!!

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Thanks... Nope I don't use the zip drive a lot. Just like I don't use a floppy a lot. In my old system the zip drive wasn't even hooked up for 2 years.. haha.. But I figured I'll start putting Resume's and junk like that on there. I need to install a floppy as well now. Didn't think I would ever need one but wouldn't you know it. I needed to transfer a bootdisk / partition deleter to a differen't PC and I couldn't. I have a little 13.7 GB HDD with 8 GB in Fat32 and the rest is set up for Linux.. can't remember the name of the partition right off hand. Anyway I can't delete the Linux partition through fdisk so I needed a differen't utility.