Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just bought a 2000 3500

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by 88sub4x4, Dec 19, 2004.

1. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I just bought a reg. cab 2000 3500 4x4 SRW Older body style. My father is using it to pull his camper, and I will probobly use it to pull my sub. once i get/make a car trailer. It's got the 350, 4L80e setup, floor shift T-case. Only 55K miles on it. The hitch has never been used, not a scratch inside the reciever. The body is rough, but mechanically it's good. I just need to cut the front rotors and replace the calipers. She pulsates and pulls left a little when braking. It also has a western plow frame on it. Kinda thinking of taking it off, but also thinking of getting the rest of the plow. I was looking for an extended or crew cab, but the price was just too good to pass up, only $9K!

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

rotor info

i have changed those rotors before. your better off buying new . all the work to take them off with the hub and bearing assembly. plus it was a plow truck thay are most likly all rusted us and wont clean up from deep pited rust . i see it every day.

3. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I agree. Go with new rotors. Let me know if you are thinking of parting with the plow set up. I am sort of looking for one.

4. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Once I get the truck in the air at work, I'll look and see about the rotors. I know what you mean about the hubs and all being a PITA. I saw your location. Where is horsehead NY? And the no legal trail thing sucks. A guy I work with inlaws own 400 acres a little north of albany that they are looking to sell in the next year or so. was kinda tossing the idea of an off road park. Not sure if it would be profitable though. Not that i'm looking to make it rich, but atleast be able to pay the taxes and make payments on the land is what I'm unsure of. As long as things broke even, I'd be happy.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

zip is 14845 to find on map. if your in to nascar i am 20 min for watkins glen race trak. the old bud at the glen , now sierus at the glen. if you buy land do your looking in to the legel end of it. they are real d@$k heads up here in this region. had a few dirt bick tracks try to open up what a hassel non did thow. best of luck on the new truck.