Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just bought a burb!! i'm blaming all you guys!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stretch67, Jul 22, 2004.

1. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

just bought a burb!! i\'m blaming all you guys!

hey! just bought a 1990 burb tonight. 3/4 ton loaded power everthing. hi miles, newer motor has the tbi 350 and a th400? the guy said 400 and i thought whatever! but i looked under it it was a 400. with i assume a np241 case. the gear selector on the column only has 3 forward gears. did gm still use the 400 in 1990? i have not told the wife but i was thinking of blaming you guys for all the ideas to soften the blow! i am already thinks evil thoughts like shackle flips-cutting sheetmetal and stealing the lift and tires off the 1967 that is in too good shape to wheel the way i want to do you think passing the blame might work? /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: just bought a burb!! i\'m blaming all you guys!

front springs from the 67 will be different, leave it all pretty like and put some nice flexy springs on the burb /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I have an 89 burb, I'm gonna get rid of my 97 pickup and drive the burb again, I want something fun yet still driveable. Burbs rock for sure. And yes it should be a 241 tcase. My burb is where I got my 241 thats now in my trail rig /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

yeah i know the fronts are shorter! i took off the new 4" tuff countrys and put on 6's i would have to buy fronts for the burb. how about the th400 thing? when did the 480le come out? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

not sure but I think in 91'

5. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Own up to it, and congrats![​IMG]

6. Re: just bought a burb!! i\'m blaming all you guys!

1991 was the first year. So you should have 350/TH400/241 with electronic speedo, 14b sf, with possibly 4.10's and a gov lock. But that is just a guess. You can look in your glove box for all the codes.
    Ps: you should have never bought it, because you won’t be able to stop modifying it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Or at least I can’t leave mine alone.

Mat

7. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

i looked in the glove box and it did have codes. is there an easy way too decipher them? the older trucks had all the info such as axle ratios etc easy to read not just codes

8. Re: just bought a burb!! i\'m blaming all you guys!

This should help out.

RPO codes

9. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

thanks fireinthehole those codes will help a bunch! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif