Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just bought a compressor....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, May 17, 2004.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

web page I got the OK from the wife to get the bigger 2 stage with more CFM....When I plumbed it I put the filter and regulator before the shut off should I redo it so the shut off is before everything else or does it matter... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

That's a really nice compressor for being a CH brand. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif [ QUOTE ]
    When I plumbed it I put the filter and regulator before the shut off should I redo it so the shut off is before everything else or does it matter...

[/ QUOTE ]Anybody, I plan on redoing it when I finish the compressor room and run pipe but will this work OK for now....? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Good for you.... dude !!!!!!!!!
    C/H compressors are an excelent brand.
    Tell the wife, you can now dust the house in less than 15 min flat ! /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif - that ought to sell'er on it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I preffer the shut-off valve first, just incase I pop a cork somewhere down the line.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    I preffer the shut-off valve first, just incase I pop a cork somewhere down the line.

[/ QUOTE ] Ahhh that makes sense, You shoulda seen the look on the kids face that helped me when I told him my kid needed his bike tire inflated and his buddy when I asked again if this thing would pump up a basketball.... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifStill havent had time to fire it up, maybe tommorow??? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifThanks Eric

6. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

oh damn dood... I heard those sucked ass...

better let me come pick it up so you can get a good one... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

ohhh ok... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Put the shut off valve before everything else. That way if you have an issue, you don't have to drain the tank. Much less air to bleed from the filter/reg and hose.

Looks like a sweet setup man! Just 1 question for you..since I have NEVER seen you work on yer rig, are you actually going to USE it?? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif If not, we can break it in on mine /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Gotta rear spring swap to do /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I got so excited just breaking it in and mocking up a workbench i nearly threw up and had to come inside for abit, it's startin to all come together now that I got my bros dodge outta the shop, and I got my "47 out today but i had to push it, cause the batt was dead and after 20 minutes of looking for the charger I realized someone borrowed it...Hmmmm I wonder who that could have been???*cough* Ryan *cough*.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif