Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just bought a GMC Jimmy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jpunisher187, Feb 16, 2004.

1. jpunisher187

jpunisher187 Registered Member

Hello, i'm new to the forums and I just bought a 1985 GMC Jimmy so I was just looking for some information on what I should do. I'm curious on what type of exhaust, intake, lift and tires I should probably get. Thanks in advance /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Welcome! Congrats on your new truck!

First thing you have to decide is what you want to do with the truck. Trails, rocks, mud, mall cruiser, all around truck? If its an all around truck, I would lean towards the tougher of what you plan to do with it and build it for that.

Before anyone else gets on to you about it, fill out your profile and let us know where you are from. There is probably someone close to you that would be more than willing to give a helping hand!

Kris

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Awesome, I have a 84, is it your daily driver? What do you drive on? (mud, rocks, etc.) Mine is still in the planning process

4. jpunisher187

jpunisher187 Registered Member

Well I want it to be my daily driver and I was wanting to build it for mud. I'll fill out my profile right away /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Thats sorta like me, for tires I'm going SSR's or TSL radials by Interco. and not sure about anything else

6. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the site /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Theres a quite a few ppl in NC and around there infact sometime soon is the NC Tellico crawl event. There will be more posted on it as it gets closer.