Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just bought a jimmy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tke561, Mar 13, 2002.

1. tke561

tke561 Newbie

I just bought a 1985 jimmy k1500 siera editon my question is 2 parts is the k5 blazer the same pretty much as this jimmy and also what is this jimmy usally called For example: jimmy full size or jimmy k15 ? I wanna buy parts for it and have trouble finding model

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

They are basically the same and use the same parts. The difference between the Blazer and Jimmy is the options available, like the interior/exterior trim, moldings, grille, power this power that. When you go to the parts store always specify "Fullsize Jimmy/Blazer". Depending on what parts you are looking for, they are basically the same from 81-91.

3. smack

smack 1/2 ton status

Hey congrats,
    Just for the record, Blazers and Jimmy's are NOT the same. Don't let anyone here tell you they are. Blazers are junk, Jimmy's are WAY better! HAA AAAAHAAAAHAAAA!!!!!!!!

4. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the pit that we all love. To help with the question the only thing I can say is that all of your mechanical parts are the same. My good freind drives one and we are always swapping spare parts out in the feild. It makes it easier and we don't have to carry as much. But when asking for parts I always tell them the size engine and 83 blazer and when they pull it up and can't find it I just tell them the 1/2 ton will work and it hasn't failled me yet. Hope it works out for ya, and have fun.

5. ironmikek5

ironmikek5 1/2 ton status

Just remember - the GMC Jimmy was made by a company that specializes in trucks, while the Blazer was made by a company that brought us the Chevette and the Vega station wagon... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Funny...My wife drives a 79 Blazer and I drive a 75 Jimmy. Other than hers being in MUCH better shape I concidered them the same....My wife made me say that /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    She only drives mine when the top is off on nice spring and fall day's. She doesn't like the way it drives with the Detroit. And her's has working A/C Alpine tunes, Crate, pw,pd, cruise.

7. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

i AINT EVEN GONNA REPLY CONCIDERING! WELL OKAY i MIGHT. JIMMY'S ARE FROM CANADA AND BLAZERS ARE FROM DETROIT. NOUGH SAID.

ALWAYS BUY AMERICAN

8. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

??????????????????

9. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

Umm, yea that's why mine says made in Detroit on the VIN nuber.

10. Strahan

Strahan 1/2 ton status

True, but damn.. Jimmy is such a gay name for a fullsize truck. I always refer to my Jimmy as my Blazer hehe.

Actually, I was parked at a diner and we were standing in the parking lot and some dude stopped asking for directions. While one friend was talking to him, another female friend commented on the fact that he was driving an s-10 style Jimmy. "Hey! You have a bigger Jimmy then he does!" Needless to say, we were laughing to hard to answer /forums/images/icons/wink.gif