Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just bought an '01 silverado with a 6.0 Liter

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by dvani, Dec 28, 2005.

1. dvani

dvani Registered Member

Whats everyone getting for mileage and any suggestions for mods or upgrades?

2. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

My moms truck is a '03 2500HD with 4.10 gears and it gets 12.5 MPG. I've heard the 6.0 L gets around 15 mpg with 3.73s but dont know for sure. Its a high revving motor, thats for damn sure. It isnt unusual to hit 5k rpm with it. I honestly think its a bitchin motor in stock form, so I dont know of any mods for it.

3. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

I have an 03 Dodge Hemi and on a good day I get 13 on the freeway. It's just the nature of the beast owning gas tow rigs. Might look into putting a chip in it depending if you want fuel mileage or HP.

4. absolute

absolute Registered Member

I love my 6.0, i've towed my K5 up and down I-15 for a 1500 mile round trip and was getting around 12-13 MPG loaded down. I get about 15 around town. I would look at getting a new muffler. I'm in the process of getting one in a couple of weeks! and Holley just came out with headers for that motor and i'm doing my research before I get it. Does the 01 have a 3" exhaust?