Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just Bought another Blazer $900 how did I do?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BowtieBlazer, Jul 23, 2004.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

1986 K5 with 128,000 original miles running 305, 700r4, np208, 10 bolts all original with VERY LITTLE SURFACE RUST, no rot, it runs and drives I could drive it every day for a year probably as is, the A/C doesn't work. The rest is fine. 2nd owner since 88 all paperwork from oil changes and all, carport kept

pics

So whatcha think? Maybe a little supersize75 job, paint it, cut the panels off, narrow the front end, cut a hole in the back and move the tank up 6".... /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I say clean it up and use it for a cruiser. Unless you were planning on hacking it up.. in that case go for it. It's your truck /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Nice looking K5 though, I'm jealous!

3. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Looks like a good deal to me! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. BowtieBlazer

Its actually gonna be a sort of resto, stripping it to the frame within the month and gonna build it back up right...

I'll keep everyone posted /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. BayouBlazer88

BayouBlazer88 1/2 ton status

-for $900? I think a "steal" would be an understatement. Nice rig. Come drive it to Lafayette soon so I can take a closer look.

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

couldnt find anything even remotely close ot that here, just yet another of a billion examples of how southerners and westerners got it made when it comes to sheetmetal and vehicles

7. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

that looks almost exactly like my dads blazer
    except less rust /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

8. BowtieBlazer

[ QUOTE ]
    couldnt find anything even remotely close ot that here, just yet another of a billion examples of how southerners and westerners got it made when it comes to sheetmetal and vehicles

[/ QUOTE ]I know its much worse up there but we have real humidity problems here that rusts them out from it always being moist here, you almost never find them like this down here! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

If you find another one like that send it my way! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif