Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just bought k30 need advice on how to rob the axles and put 10 bolts back

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FARTMAN, Jul 3, 2001.

1. FARTMAN

FARTMAN 1/2 ton status

i just got nice k30 85 m1010 military for$1600 nice truck diesel 400 turbo 208 case i want to rob the d60 and 14ff and put my 10 bolts back in it. will the rear bolt back in? how about the driveshafts i have access to a good fork lift and jackstands, what about master cylinders? i prolly make a driver out of the truck maybe sell it . thanks all FARTMAN................................. REALLY OFFICER IT AINT STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

The rear will need the spring perches, and mabe the shock mounts relocated. All of the 30's that I have seen had the springs closer to the frame than the 10's and 20's. You could put a conversion u-joint in the driveshaft. I am not sure about the master cyl.

3. bigredblazer

bigredblazer 1/2 ton status

I agree with Rodzilla, on the rear end you will have to move the perches, and shock mounts, a conversion u-joint will work just fine. You will have to do this process backwards to mount the 14 bolt under a Blazer/Jimmy. And remember to adress the pinion angle when welding the new perches ( one thing I forgot to do) Good luck.. it's not as hard as it sounds! Jon