Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just bought my 1st K5!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by abraverm, Oct 17, 2000.

1. abraverm

abraverm Registered Member

I am totally psyched... I just paid for my very first K5 (should go and pick it up sat once I have all of the registration paperwork done here)! I have a nice car already (99 10th Anaversary Edition Mazda Miata) but I wanted a truck and I have always loved the k5... so when I found this one and bargained it to $900, I knew this was the one... like I said, it's a 76... 350 with quadrajet, edlebrok intake and headers, dual exhaust with cherry bombs... TH205 with dana 44 up front and 12 bolt in the back... ugly black with some minor body damage (should get a new right rear quarter panel, but that would mean finding someone who can weld it in there for me, so that is going to have to wait)... and the front clip was taken from a 1/2 pickup (looks like a 78 or 79) so I need to get some K5 badging to make it complete... get rid of the chyanne stuff :)

so hello all - there is a new member of the pack...

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Sounds cool, you came to the right place!

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

3. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

Another cow in the pasture !! Congradulations on your purchase. When you pick it up, you will begin the fun journey of K5 ownership. Stick with ColoradoK5.com...it's the best tech support on the planet.

'89 K5 Silverado 4" lift w/BFG 33's

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I bet its going to feel realllllll weird to drive the Miata for a while and then hop in the Blazer right away and drive it. Just a little different.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Get some ramps and pull the back seat and you got a garage for the Miata!
    Welcome to the Addiction!
    I drive a Supra by day, The Blazer is my wifes and the Jimmy is my weekend rock toy <G>

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/