Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just bought my first K5 in northwest FL

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by antisleepman, Dec 17, 2006.

1. antisleepman

antisleepman Registered Member

So I just bought my first K5! It's a 79... It does need some work, but a few good things to it....6 inch lift, gm performance parts 350 and manual lockouts. I came across a thread of some guys that live in northwest FL. Gonna be lookin for some people to ride with.... here's a pic http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/27d4438424.jpg
    any help with sheet metal work and or ad[​IMG]vice would be a world of help

2. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

3. antisleepman

here ya go[​IMG]

4. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

I would say with that amount of rust cut the fenders put 1 tons under it and start a crawler project, However there aint many places to rock crawl there.

What kind of wheeling are you planning? Mud, trail ridding, etc.

5. antisleepman

i was thinkin a mix between trail and mud. We have more sand around here than anything else. I live close to the beach. There isn't too much in the way of mudd as far as mud runnin trucks go. I wanna be able to drive it to work at least once a week. Overall the rust isn't too bad. It needs patch panels on the quarters, 1 new fender 2 doors, 1 rocker panel and 2 floor pan patches. I don't drive anywhere in the woods to really band it up, so buyin the new panels wouldn't bother me. I kinda want to keep the truck for a long time. Then only thing i can see why i don't want to hack the fenders around the rust with is the wheel wells. I think the rust goes up higher than they come down. What do u think?[​IMG]

6. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

Crestview has some pretty good mud out at the power lines by the clay pit. All the places in Niceville have been built on or are off limits now. I have heard of some places out in Baker where they used to have the mud boggs but I haven't been out there in a very long time. Check out LMC. They have about every panel you will/would need to fix her up. Really not that expensive if you do the work yourself.

7. antisleepman

of coarse, i'm niceville born and raised....so yea, no where really in niceville to go. I've been out to mossy head and a couple places on the reservation. I've found a couple good places for panels. LMC (like u mentioned) classic industries (like year one) and www.usbodysource.com U from around here?