Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just bought some ORD stuff!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Apr 1, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Feb 23, 2001
    I ordered new front shackles (which come with all the bushings), new body mounts, and a new 1" body lift. I decided to remove the 3" kit I currently have after I pulled 2 body mount bolts thru /forums/images/icons/mad.gif while I was in Disney... Steve @ ORD said that I should be okay just using his kit vs. repairing the holes due to the size of the washers.

Not that I would ever second guess Steve, but should I consider reinforcing the two front and two rear body mount holes for extra strength? Or should I have no problems now that the body won't have as much leverage? I just want to make sure that I do this once, and don't have to worry about it again...

I'm all excited! The truck is getting:
    1. 465/205 hydro combo, with fixed yoke
    2. New Warn premiums
    3. All new body bushings, and lift pucks
    4. New front ORD shackles and bushings
    5. (More) New drive shafts /forums/images/icons/mad.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif (had new ones made just a few months ago for the 400 setup I'm trading!)
    6. Exhaust repairs
    7. checking valve lash...
    8. TRIMMED FENDERS!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gif (had a hard time convincing myself to do it!) Pics to follow very soon...
    9. NEW BUMPERS FROM BIGJ! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Pics to follow very soon...
    10. A lot of other general TLC while doing the R&R on the trans...

Should be like a whole new truck again! I love that! Ever get bored of your K5? (yea, right!) Just spend $1000, and its like a whole new truck again! Should be back on the road in a few weeks... I can't wait to hit the trails again - they don't what they have coming! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
  2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Feb 11, 2001
    So are you not gonna need the 400 now?Just wondering. If not Ill see if anyone else wants it.
  3. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Feb 17, 2000
    What about that ever important front locker /forums/images/icons/wink.gif. Maybe that's on the list with the bigger tires /forums/images/icons/smile.gif What kind of hubs did you have before? You want to sell the old ones?

Sounds like it will be a whole new truck.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Jan 12, 2001
    Dan, I'm getting excited for Friday, too! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Everything is still a "go" as far as the plans are. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
  5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    I think we had a mis communication. If the bolt head pulled through the floor the washers probably won't do an adequate job. You'll want to look into a fender washer or a weld in repair of some sort to fix the holes. For some reason I thought the square part of the hole was rounded out so the carriage bolt would not hold. oops.