Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just built the york compressor bracket this morning

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, Aug 14, 2001.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Man what a pain in the ass. I have an 88 with the air pump so i used that belt and made the air pump the tensioner. I mad a plate that bolts onto the 3 head holes, nuts whatever you call them, then came out to pretty much a 90 that the york mounts on and then in the front made a plate that uses the same bolt that the altenator rotates on. I was going to make a top brace, but it is really strong already. Still have to relocate the air pump valve and plump the whole thing. Don't know if i'll get done tonight. let me know if anyone's interested in pictures. Not as hard as i though it was going to be. Also had to bend some ac lines out of the way, but that was no big deal. Wish me luck on the rest of it. later - doug

Doug Krebs

2. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

The best upgrade was the york pump I have it in my mind to put one on the tow burban to have air to work on the blazer if need, its a 93 so yes post photos and anything more you have.

3. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I'd love to see pix of it!!

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated

4. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Here's a pic of the York install I did last year. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.holsted.com/york/york1.jpg>http://www.holsted.com/york/york1.jpg</a>Post some pics when you are through.

BIGJ

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i finished mine a few weeks ago. works great and comes in handy when i want to air down. i also fabed a T-braket out of a 3/8 slab of metal. pretty simple. I have it bolted to the 3 holes in the cyl head.

later,

ARQ.

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

6. KrebsATM02

The only thing that is being a pain in the ass right now is the check valve. The check valve that i have goes right into the tank, ie the bumper, but the input of it is a compression fitting. The output of the pressure switch is 1/4 npt, so to mate these two it is taking a bunch of fittings, I think like 6, and it looks like a big rig. Is there a part that converts compressing to npt without a bunch of fittings and pipe???? God i hope so, if not i think i am on the search for a new check valve. Any other ideas would help too. Thanks - Frustrated Doug

Doug Krebs

7. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

BigJ..would be interested in seeing more pics of how you fabed a bracket for the compressor...i work for freightliner and have access to clutches and compressors from our scrap bin so the comp would be easy.

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

8. KrebsATM02

i put it on the other side, i don't know how his holds on, but i bolted 3 bolts right on to the head and then have one support on the front of the altenator. i grabbed it and tried to shake it and it just moved the entire engine. I'll try to get pictures soon. Later - doug

Doug Krebs

9. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

just built mine last week use the old A/C brackets cut them and welded plate on there mount buch pivot and then slide on the other side works Really slick

AJ
    Soon to wheelin spot near you
    Project Harvey[​IMG]

10. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

How did you make the mounting bracket? Also, is it pumping all the time with a pressure relief valve or is it swtich operated?

Mike

<font color=green>"It's like a sore dick deal, You cant beat it!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

11. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I'll take some pics. I've got the compresor sitting on my work bench, and I've even got brackets for it, but I'm thinking I'm not gonna use those, kinda curious to see what you did.

The brackets I have came when I got my 74 parts truck. It had the aftermarket A/C added to it, so the brackets are made for a SBC, just not the way all my chit bolts up. If anybody wants to see a factory style bracket, lemme know.

Kyle
    89K5

12. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Hey Jeff,
    That pic is the "standard" to go by and is still in the "Bible".
    I'm still in the parts gathering stage.
    Later,

thebigdaddyof2