Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just cleaned house...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Soooo.....

I was about to make some green pancakes (I've found it enjoyable lately to put food coloring in just about everything I make that starts liquidy)... I saw the dishes needed to be done.

So I did the dishes. Then I made some pancakes, and used the last of the syrup on my first stack. So after my first stack, I cleaned the syrup container, because it's always really sticky and the lid was hard to get off since it apperantly has never been cleaned... After I was done eating green pancakes, I had another load of dishes to do. First, I had to put away the dishes I just did so I could have room on the drying rack...

But halfway through putting the clean dishes away, I noticed the stove was very very dirty and I've been meaning to clean it for weeks since I don't think my parents ever will... So I found some stove grease remover under the sink and applied it liberally... There's some grease on the stove that's there about permanently, until I get my hands on some kind of rough scrubbing material. The stove is about as clean as it will get right now... Then I started doing the new dirty dishes, then remembered I only put away half of the first dishes...

Got the dishes put away, got the new dishes washed, wiped down about every surface in the kitchen (counters, fridge, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, deep fryer)... I somehow wasn't satisfied, though.

I cleaned off the dining room table and wiped that down with a dab of bleach... Then I looked at the floor. You may remember my post about my home stereo where I mentioned my newly found fun activity: Vaccuuming. About a week and a half ago my mom vaccuumed the entire house, but thanks to a white dog and two cats, the living room and dining room showed no signs of ever being touched... SO out came the vaccuum, which is about the most high-powered sucking machine I've ever had the pleasure of using. I vaccuumed the dining room, and looked into my parents bedroom. They usually leave their door open when they're not... ummm... Busy in there. Okay, my mom's 50 and my dad's 62, I think it's safe to say all they do is sleep...

I did my parents bedroom, that I don't think they did when my mom went through... I also did their bathroom... then I made my way back to the living room... In all, I had to empty the vaccuum about 3 times :blush:

Finally, I was satisfied... This house is now clean... Other than the room I am sitting in. This room is so hopeless, it's dead to me... It's the room where my parents just throw stuff that there isn't a place for... of course it's a tiny room, so there's no room for the stuff in here either, the closet has overflowed, the shelves are overflowing, the table is overflowing, the desk is a mess, and the floor is about 2 feet under a huge pile of stuff that isn't garbage...

That's how I spent my morning :)

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Sounds like super fun, although with as much as my parents bitched at me about keeping my room clean, i dont think i would ever clean thiers :D