Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just cleaning up the backup...(pics)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4GUNZ4X4Z, Sep 29, 2004.

1. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

How often do you guys clean your gunz? I clean mine everytime I come back from the gun range, can't help it just want them clean and dependable. Now on the other hand the guns I carry concealed (which is the ones in the pic, except the .22w/laser), they get cleaned about every 4-5th magazine I go through.

[​IMG]

Little bit of laser for ya... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[​IMG]

This is one of the funnest pistols. Ruger 22/45. Post pics if ya got em.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

So shine the armed in a wary world

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Nice.

I clean mine after every trip to the range and every once in a while if I haven't been to the range for a month or so, just get them out and clean them to make me feel better.

I've found since I moved into this house I have to pull 'em out and throw a coat of oil on them occasionally so they don't get surface rust. I think it's the stupid "swamp cooler" that does that.

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I dont get the range much, I'm going to change that this fall. Generally I clean after a range visit because I dont know when I'm going back. I'd say its been at least a year since I've been so I'll probley clean and lube before I go next sunday to the conservation club to watch the IPSC shoot (even though I wont be competing this time I might try to run the course after the pro get done).
    I found a conservation club about 30 miles from home and they have meets every Saturday or Sunday for different events so I'm hoping to get out to a few of them before the end of the year if its not waist deep snow. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I setup a lazer on a Witness 45 cal for a fried of mine, they are pretty cool. TO bad the HK lazer is clip on and like $250 and since HK's use a double spring return they can't make the lazer return post.

Cool looking collection /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    So what all is in the box?

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Cool looking collection
    So what all is in the box?

[/ QUOTE ]

Taurus .40, Taurus 9mm, S&W sigma 9mm, Ruger 22/45, Berreta Tomcat .32 and a Cobra (junk .32). These are the ones I carry on my person. The Tomcat is for when I'm running around town in the speedo. The Cobra is for when I'm wheeling, in case it gets damaged it wont be missed. The Sigma I carry at work. The Taurus's I carry when I'm pretty much doing anything else. And lastly the Ruger I carry in the pickup, just to goof off with. I'll post some pics up of my whole collection (60+) as soon as I get "the room of doom" done. I'm getting to the point of really slowing down on my collection though. Here recently I'm leaning more towards highend, collectables, and exotics rather then the alternative of buying a new gun about every other week. Get'n older and taste is changing some.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I clean mine as soon as I get home from the shootin' range. That's just a simple rule I have.

7. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The Tomcat is for when I'm running around town in the speedo

[/ QUOTE ]
    Barf!! That's something I NEVER wanted to hear. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    [ QUOTE ]
    The Cobra is for when I'm wheeling

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'll cut down on my sheite talkin' for sure next time we hit the trails /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif