Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just did a Hydroboost Swap Today...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dhdescender, Mar 10, 2004.

1. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    While putting the finishing touches on my engine install, I noticed a 2wd Chev 1 ton that had the diesel pulled, but the Hydroboost and power steering just dangling there, waiting for the pickins. I asked the owner how much for the system....$30...um yeah I think I'll take that!!

6 Bolts on the firewall, two and a cotter pin under the dash, and two fitting at the steering box is all it took to rape the truck of its sweet sweet brake system. It all bolted right back on my Blazer like it was meant to be there. I won't be able to test the system until I get all my driveline back in...but I just wanted to tell everyone its a stupid easy swap, and doesn't require crapall mechanical knowledge as long as you remember where each of the lines came from. I did end up having to make a custom bracket fo rht epump, but only becase I'm running an oddball engine.

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, I just installed one from a diesel K5 a few weeks ago...HB kicks ass...