Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just did it...Electric fan setup, but not the taurus fan though..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jakeslim, Jun 21, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Ok, so I picked up a large tbird electric fan this past weekend and a dual windstar fan also (9.99 for each at pic n pull sale).

I went with the tbird fan because of one simple fact...it allowed me to retain my stock fan shroud. It fits perfectly inside the shroud out of view for the most part. Looks sweet and stock too!

It is a two speed so I wire it up with a fan controller, battery to controller/thermostat to slow fan wire set at a 180 start, then since it is a two fan controller, I placed an additional controller(w/thermostat) so that the fast kicks in at 200....this thing creates big wind!

I have not fully installed wires but should finish up tomorrow and post some pics /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif and further info

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Damn...9.99/ea Thats a steal /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I think those Ford fans push a lot more air than my stock LT/LS1 fans, but I noticed today while testing my truck out, that I could feel a hot breeze on my leg hanging out the door. Sure enough, even with the inner fender skirts, the fan was moving enough air to push it out by the drivers door.

Watched the temps drop from 219* (testing the fans) to 190* with only the primary fan running, approximately 80* outside. (this was ECM monitored engine temp, it is correct)

78 amp stock GM alternator not having any problems with it. Still need to test with headlights on high and heater going full blast.

4. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

i'd really like to see pics and a write up of this if you have the time.

what year Thunderchicken fans will work?

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

What was the large fan out of? Pic's!

6. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

the one problem I had with tmy ford fan was finding a great way to mount it, being that I just killed my radiator I am going to pull it all out so I will take detailed pix. I cam up with a set up that hold up to my driving.. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

will do a tech post in the next couple days /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

What do you need a fan shroud for if your running electric fans?

lmk
    NIck