Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just don't understand

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just don\'t understand

Talked to my cousin on the phone this afternoon. I just don't understand why some people think newer is better. He kept asking me why I don't get rid of the K5 for a new truck. I tried to explain that I'm building the K5 for off road use. He was like, Oh, a old beater so ya don't care about the paint ??? I just couldn't get the dumbass to understand the difference between SFA and IFS. The concept of swaping in 3/4 Ton axles was also way more then his ricer mind could comprehend. (Yes, he's a 18 Y/O fart muffler driving moron) {My family, so yes, I deffently know he's a moron} He can't understand that older trucks are good for anything. Oh well, some people will never get it !!!!!!!!

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Re: Just don\'t understand

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I just couldn't get the dumbass to understand the difference between SFA and IFS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be happy to explain the diff'.

3. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Most people cant grasp the idea that in SFA the diff is always at the same height from the ground under flex (givin the ground is flat). And that in IFS it changes. I know everyone heres knows this because we own K-5's but i have noticed this is the concept that really stumps people.

4. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

IFS and 10 blts. RULE!!! SFA and Dana 60s SUCK!!!