Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just droped my axle off

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by chvyhs, Sep 10, 2004.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

If don't know or forgot. I broke the spot welds and twisted a tube in my 14 bolt in June and ruined my housing. So I finally got a new housing ready so I could have my gears and locker transfered into. The worst part is, I only put about 1000 miles on the rebuilt axle before I ruined it. So I had the new axle's tubes welded to the center section. I'm also going to make an over the top axle truss. I can't afford to do this again.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I've been thinking of at least trussing my 14FF after hearing what happened to yours.

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Lets not forget about afro's troubles! I had the same damn thing happen to me last week and am having to swap a 14 sf in until I can get my new housing completed. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

mmmmm /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    makes me think to weld around where the tube come into the carrier, and or makeing a small truss for the 14ff that i will eventualy get. /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

5. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

My brother is going to pick up my axle tomarrow. I have to work all weekend and early Monday morning I'm leaving for Rubicon (as a passenger). /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'll start working on the Sub again as soon as I get back. I'm taking it on the Hammers at Johnson Valley. I atleast plan on doing Clawhammer. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

When you get around to making your over the top axle truss, make sure to post some pics would ya?

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah cuz im thinking about it now hearing wat happened to u.

8. one ton burb

one ton burb 1/2 ton status

I still can't get over what happened to your axle /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Do you have any pics of the axle damage?

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Well I've got my axle truss in the works /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

my in head esine right now is a 1 1/2x .350 round tube bent over the pumpkin and welded to the tube 6-8" from the sides of the pumpkin and another set from the apex of the curv out to the end of the tube keeping the top in line. then form the top a tube running to the front and a brace around the pinion. mabey for a sway bar.

oh and i just got a electrice tubeing bender for....

FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    it will do up to 2". all i need is the dies and i am rockin /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

11. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    1 1/2x .350

[/ QUOTE ]

.350???????

12. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

never heard of it in metal but it's 11/32nds

13. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

sorry i am on stupid pills today, and another cemical burn on my eyes!!!

135 thousants of an inch, nice and thick, what i will be what i make my cage out of /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    i think it is a second of the mill, but the local shop has a bunch so i plan on useing it.

14. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

DANG,
    I go to the Rubicon for a couple of days and this post just lights up with excitement!

I didn't take the Sub on the Con but atleast I was able to get out there. It's a bitchen place. I'm glad I didn't take the Sub. It just wasn't ready. Today I put the rear axle back in and drove it. I didn't get a truss built yet. I'm actually glad that I didn't now that I've seen everyone's input. I'll have to get it done by Oct 16 because I'm going to the Hammers then. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif