Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just Enlisted in the Marine Corps

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BlazerGuy, Sep 14, 2003.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Well, on Thursday I signed the papers. I'm going to boot camp sometime in January. Not sure of my MOS yet. Everyone in my family thinks I just ruined the rest of my life my stepping up to fight for our country. I don't think so. Life is like it is today because of men and women, past and present, who gave their lives for this country. It's difficult making this type of decision with absolutely zero support from my family but I'm definately not going to let it get to me. I've talked to about 15 people, other than my family and friends, who have prior service and every single one of them said that if they could they'd go right back in. No one, save for my family, has said that they ever regretted enlisting. What do y'all think?? I gotta hit the sack, gotta be at work at 7a...

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Watch Full Metal Jacket, I'm sure it's a very accurate story /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

"hell, I like you, you can come over to my house and [darn] my sister" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If it's what you want to do, go for it !!!! I respect you for wanting to serve our country. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

good for you, its fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

personally i wouldnt do it for ne thing, but i respect u for doin it, its guys like u who keep us free not non-patriotic mother fawkers like.

8. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Hats off to you! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thanks in advance for protecting our freedom! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

You'll hate every minute of boot camp...but once your through with that It will probably be the best thing you ever do in your life. WHatever you do try to go fleet and avoid the air-wing /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    stepping up to fight for our country.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know 2 guys in the marines...one is in the band, the other mops floors. Fight the good fight.

11. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

a good choice man. if you can try to get an avionics MOS. promotion is FAST with avi.

but hey, its up to you in the end. i got 3 more years on this enlistment. we will see where i go from there.

if you ever come to yuma let me know. oh, adn as for hating boot camp... yeah, it sucks. but go in with a good mindset and you will have very few problems. and as for moping a lot, hope you like to clean.
    Grant

12. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Good luck and thank you! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

They bitch now, but I bet they go to the graduation and send you stuff all over the world.

I'll bet they proudly post that pic of you in uniform on the wall where EVERYONE can see it too....

Being parents they are just concerned for your safety. The look in their eyes later on will give them away....

14. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I think it's a good idea even if you only do it for 1 enlistment. You will get a lot of educational benefits for use after you get out or go to school for free while you are in.
    As for basic, think of it as a big mind game. Don't let the TI's get to you. It's there job to make you stress to see how you can perform under pressure

15. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Welcome aboard brother, you'll love every minute of it(HEHEHEHE!!). As for the remarks about cleaning alot remember you will be a PFC (Perfect ****in Cleaner). But good luck to you and the Communications field is good for promotion as well. Have fun a boot camp /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You'll hate every minute of boot camp...but once your through with that It will probably be the best thing you ever do in your life. WHatever you do try to go fleet and avoid the air-wing /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Whats wrong with the air wing the gest 3 years I had was with the wing I was on the rock for most of the time and we went evrry ware from korea to Australa it was great. Then I spent to years in a atached to base it was horrible half the comand I think forgot they are marines. If you can get in to com try to be a tech they promot fast I was a Sgt in 3 years 1 maritorious promo and I had my number for staff in Six.
    Earl

17. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Come on now, what's wrong with the wing??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    If it wasn't for us wingers, you grunts would get your CAS from the chAir Force /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, or the Army's crApaches /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. Now ask yourself... Do you REALLY want that?? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Ahhh, I'm just messin'. Personally, I'm glad there's guys who WANT to be grunts, 'cause that lifestyle just isn't for me. Just remember, at the end of the day, we're all Marines.

BlazerGuy, congratulations. It's a LOT of hard work, and some of it's pretty shitty for the first year or so, but the title is worth every bit.

18. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Boot camp is a bitch, and you'll be askin' yourself what the hell you were thinkin', but after that it gets good (most of the time). Stay out of administration. Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John

19. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Come on now, what's wrong with the wing???

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like someone has inferority complex /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif, THE GROUND SIDE ROCKS!!

20. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Semper Fidelis! (Latin for "Always Faithful")

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks stepping up and deciding to make a difference. It's a shame that your family doesn't realize how important our military is.

Being a Marine will require alot of hard work but the rewards you will receive can't be measured or understood by folks who have never experienced it. Far from "ruining" your life you have made a commitment that will command respect from people for the rest of your life whether you stay in for a few years or make a carreer out of the Marine Corps.

[​IMG]

My family and I are forever grateful for guy's like you who are willing to stand up and protect our way of life. Without you, we would not have such a great country. We are behind you 110% !

[​IMG]