Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just for fun

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by surpip, Oct 27, 2005.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

mini's fit in u-hauals real well :D
    [​IMG]

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I never realized how small those were. Either that, or it is a very lage u-haul.

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

24 footer

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

When i read the title I imagined 6" or so on each side of it. Not THAT much :haha:
    I want one.

5. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

What year is that? Can you tell me/us more about it? I've been pondering getting one, but I know jack about them. Are parts hard to get? Are they hard to work on? What kind of mpg? How's the driving? Anything else?

I've been pondering a Samurai, a new Ranger, or a Cooper. Right now, I'm leaning toward Cooper with gas prices.

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

saw a '65 Chevy in a truck about that size. rode all the way from Cali like that, and then couldnt find anyone who would let them use a loading dock to get it out. surprisingly enough, 2x12s worked.

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

mine is titled as a 71 but it is actually a 90's model, they fudge the paperwork on the way over from england, you can only import them if they are 75 or older.
    they drive like a dream, like a slot car, like a little go cart. So much fun, quick not really fast. I can keep up in the fast lane, just barely :D 90mph top it out with the motor screaming
    www.miniguy.com is where i got my car from, he is in so cal
    www.minimania.com and www.7ent.com are the 2 biggest parts suppliers in the country, i like the customer service from seven better, they race a mini in the scca gt5( i think) class ans have won it for the past 3 years, pretty cool stuff. The machinist that works for them is amazing and they build race engines in house.
    Parts are expensive. British cars are a pain to work on, but mine has not been bad, Lucas wiring and smiths gages, both are crap, i will replace both here soon.
    also mini mania has a car for sale section, and you can find them on ebay to
    look to spend about 10 grand.
    35 mpg

8. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

this is what my car will look like when it is done[​IMG]

9. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

That kinda scares me with people fudging titles, when I know not what the car should look like. 35 ain't bad...

10. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

They come with stick shifts, right? And what side is your driver's side? I don't know about running a manual left-handed!

11. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

fudgin the title isent a bad thing, you get a 90s car with a 70s title
    these are a dime a dozen in britan, so they do that so they can sent the new ones(the ones that are still in good shape) over here
    if you do a little looking you can figure out the differences in the years, the body panels remained unchanged from 61-2001 just some little differences, door hinges,grill, rear lights little stuff
    MKI,II,III,IIII were the different mods
    Mayfair(basic model)Cooper(higher end)and Cooper S(very expinsive for a real one most preformance) were the different option packages

12. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

yes most are sticks, mine is regular drive, most that come over here are, they change them over before they send them.