Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just for modified or can somewhat stock Blazers go too?

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by 79ChevySB, Feb 8, 2002.

1. 79ChevySB

79ChevySB 1/2 ton status

So Im wondering, the trip out to Moab is it just for modified trucks or are there more tame trails for the less modified/invested rigs to play on? If the less modified rigs can come out and play would it be wrong to bring out a 92 Blazer? I know its IFS, but I would still like to come out and play around, and see how wild everyone else gets. Let me know what you guys think.

Work or 4 wheel? Work or 4 wheel? Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.....Screw work, lets go!

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I just watched a video on Moab that CK5 sells and I think there would be plenty for you to do there.

David

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.extremeblazer.com>ExtremeBlazer</a>

3. Starbreaker666

Starbreaker666 Registered Member

Yep, plenty to do for everyone in moab. Everything from easy(picture frame arch) to The Upper Proving Grounds (Now there is where i want to see a Blazer)

4. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

A stocker can do almost anything a "modified" rig can do. Just look at the Midwest Spring K5 Thing and the Midwest Fall K5 Thing...I remeber hearing "No stocker has ever made it up The Wall." and if I remember right...a stocker did....with 10 bolts and 3.08 gear ratio and no lift.

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!
    If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all!!

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yup. Everyones welcome. Moab is a "Run what you Brung" K5 get togeather. It looks like there are a lot of people going. So there will probabally be different groups of K5ers doing different things every day from mild to wild.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze> Blazer pics</a>

<font color=blue>Nevada... Where the pavement ends and the west begins

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have never been to Moab, but when I see pictures of people wheeling there, they are almost always extreme. =p Good to hear that there is some more tame stuff there too. Who knows, I might still be running 1/2 ton so tame would be good. =) Speaking of modified rigs...anyone know is Stephen Watson is gonna be out there? 8)

J

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown>http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown</a>

7. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Yep, Stephen will be there, as far as Moab and Blazer Bash go it is for all levels from stock to extreme, in fact I need to get a trail boss for the stock trails that is familiar with the area.

Steve

Director of Global Expansion

8. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Sounds like I found our summer holiday destination. Hope to see you all out there.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

There are some trails in the area that a stocker can handle. Don't let anyone talk you into going with them to the Golden Crack, unless you'd like to have some body damage. I don't think a stocker would get across that crevice with grace. [​IMG] The Z on Moab Rim trail might also be a bit tough in a stocker, though a tow strap might get you across if you got hung up.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...