Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just for you DirtyJim

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEK5, Jun 5, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

if you`re wondering about those directions, they plain out suck, and pretty much don`t tell you anything usefull so...heres how they mount..sorry for the delay, went outside to take the pics and ended up playing with the angle grinder and sawsall:D

Picture 249.jpg

Picture 250.jpg

Picture 251.jpg

2. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

i thought i got a different kit. thanks for the pics. its about 40 mins on the pike, then another 20 on 495s.

3. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

my kit

this is the kit i got

P1010275.JPG

4. NEK5

ahh ok...what is the pike anyways....lol...i hear everyone say it but never actually new...is it 95??

5. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

90 west, 95 is 128 untill the split.

6. NEK5

so 90 is the pike????...chevy3o5 think i can get an address so i can get some directions?

7. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well as DirtyJim said, take 90West to 495 South. Then to exit 18. Take a right off the exit ramp and go towards the light to get into the Market Basket/Walmart/Staples/McDonalds shopping plaza. Take a left at that light to get into the shoping plaza. Follow the entrance that swings to the left toward walmart. You then get to a stop sign, take the right and you will pass an ATM. Go straight all the way back and you will see a road that will take you behind that section of stores, follow it back and you will see a little pond. Then the entrance is just beyond the pond there on the left.

Thats how you get in. The first stretch has mild mud at best but then you get into the sand pits and the fun can ensue. :D

BTW - if you want to map quest it, type in Market Basket in Bellingham, MA

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Heads up on Rt 495...

I just travelled Rt.495 twice in the past 4 days..there is road construction on the southbound side,from Franklin, to the Rt 95 interchange in Mansfield ,and the road is narrowed down to one lane by barrels and jersey barriers for at least 10 miles..:mad:

I sat there for over an hour friday night....:doah: :angry1: ..and NO construction was even going on--they do it from 9 pm til 6 am!--but leave the road blocked 24/7!...its no fun sharing a 9' lane with a tractor trailer next to you only inches away in pouring rain..:eek1:

When I came home from Leominster last night,I got off Rt 495 at the Rt.140 exit in franklin,since it was after 9 pm,and I didnt feel like sitting still and watching my gas gauge drop AGAIN,in the construction zone....it wasn't bad because it was late,but I'm sure Rt.140 or other alternative routes like Rt 109 to Rt 115 to Rt 140 wont be any better than Rt 495 is during the daytime,since you go thru every little downtown,shopping centers,and a bunch of traffic lights..but I'd rather be moving at 20 mph than standing still,or crawling along,and suddenly having to jam on the brakes..

You'll probably be ok if your getting off in Bellingham..its after Rt 126 the road gets real congested,and the lanes bottleneck into one lane,and the breakdown lane..

Let me add that many drivers in MA are complete a$$holes,they never use directionals,pay more attention to their cell phones than driving,and 90% of them drive like they are in a police pursuit,or they are stoned or drunk!..I almost got killed about 10 times this weekend,and it wasn't MY fault!..so be vigilant while on Rt 495..or anywhere else around here!..had two crotch rocket motorcycles pass me at 120+mph sunday in RI--scared the S*** out of me..:mad: ..I hope they crashed!...

I also think those new headlights should be outlawed..those purple lights burn the retinas right out of my eyeballs,and nobody here seems to dim their high beams anymore when they come up behind you..:mad: :mad: :mad: ...same goes for the BMW's and yuppie SUV's with those million power "driving lights"--all they do is drive ME nuts,and drive me right into a ditch....:( ...maybe my eyes are just getting old,but I cant drive at night after seeing those bright lights..its like having a flashbulb go off in your face..

Anyway,just thought I'd tell you guys the road is dug up,and it might take you at least twice as long to get there than usual...I'm sure Rt 90 (Mass Pike) is dug up somewhere too...Rt 290 is a dug up nightmare as well..even Rt 146 has some construction going on..no way to avoid it,no real "alternate route" to take.....it SUCKS...:mad:

9. NEK5

well then i`ll leave at 10...and i`ve made the decision that if i have to work...I`M CALLIN OUT:D

10. Chevy305

No its not your old eyes, I hate them too. I don't know anyone that likes them. Plus that Lexus suv that has those turning head lights are even worse for oncoming traffic on a curve.

But man I am pumped to go wheelin this Sunday!!!! :D :D :D :woot:

11. NEK5

me 2....so how many are going???

heres the list
    1.bigblaze433
    2.chevy305
    3.dirtyjim
    4.?

12. Chevy305

Post that in the other thread about the wheelin trip...

13. NEK5

that might work...lol