Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just getting started

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wfahlgren, Jan 1, 2001.

1. wfahlgren

wfahlgren 1/2 ton status

I bought a 72 blazer. It has no interior. Body is straight. New engine. What should I start with, I wanted to get a lift, gears and tires. then I thought that mabey I should pay more attention to things like weather striping, Better seats and some kind of interior.

2. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I'd start with the interior for now and wait until warmer weather to improve on the other stuff. It's a lot easier to stay motivated towards improving a vehicle that you can drive around. Good luck!

Smitty

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I'm with Smitty, grab some seats out of a conversion van or a 92+ Chevy truck. Your intended purpose is really what is going to determine what you are going to do anyway. Weather stripping is a real nice thing if you are going to use it for a daily driver. I hate the rain coming in my K5. Also you can line-x( or any other spray on bed protectant) your interior, lots of guys have done it here. Depends on what you want/ wallet can handle. Good luck with your truck.

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Necessities first, fun stuff later.

"An old Blazer never dies, they just... rust away."

5. chevydude

chevydude Registered Member

new engine is great ,service the tranny and go thru the brakes and wheel bearings ,as well as just little things like loose wiring under the hood and dash ,oiling hinges greasing the chassis and just a good thorough inspection of your new truck
    these little things will probably give you a good idea where to start spending those big bucks first

marcus