Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just git back from paragon ok 4 wheel fall krawl

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chulisohombre, Oct 12, 2002.

1. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

well for the most part it was fun as hell.only thing that sucked is my 4 wheel drive wouldnt work.so i got stuck on this steep hill in 2 wheel drive.i back up about 40 feet from bottom of hill.hit the gas and fly up it about 30.the front and rear end were at least 2 feet off the ground on every rock.i got stuck like 3/4 up the hill.i had to be towed the rest of the way up.i felt like crap but for 2 wheel drive i think i did alright.at this event there were only 2 K5'.the rest were jeeps of various shapes and sizes.there were a few rock buggies also.i got to get back to work on my rig so everything works.just wanted to let you all know how it was. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

what do you mean it didnt work? couldnt get the lever to move or the hubs werent working right? some time my t-case gets stuck..i have to fool with it a second then finally it will pop into 4x4...its a 208..glad ya had a good time though i cant wait to go out in my blazer for the first time!!

3. chulisohombre

tranfer was in gear. i checked to see that the driveshaft was turning.locked the hubs,and still nothing.its time for some kind of locker i think.maybe replace the hubs.im rebuilding the axle with 8 lug stuff here soon so everything will be replaced while i have it apart.also hopefully front locker if i can get one in my budget.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ahh ok ..that will be cool! some day i wanna put 1 ton gear under my truck to but that wont be happening for a long time i bet..

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

2 K5's? Who was in the other one? Was it red and sitting on 44's? So where are the pics? PAP= /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

6. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

I was there in a blue Jimmy with a small group, not the fall krawl thing though. Didn't see any other K5's just a newer pickup. Paragon is definitely FUN! And much better after the rain, so no dust.

Oh yea, got to pull a J**p up a hill too.

7. chulisohombre

it was my first time there so it was kinda nice to have a guided tour.i just wish my 4 wheel drive wasnt jacked up.i would have been able to have a lot more fun.

8. chulisohombre

it was anether blue 72 from on this site.cant remember his user name.he was there also but not for the event.sorry i forgot my camera.the other guy had one but cant remember his name.im good with faces but not names.

9. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Jim,
    Did you go with the Krawlers? I know a few were going this weekend. I hope you are going to make the event at the new park on the 27th. A few of us are going at 7am to finish one of the trails.
    The other K5 was probably biggray71 from this site.

10. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

Went out with the Tacoma group. And yea , I'll be there the 27th. Got the bumper pretty much finished, tucked up all close and personal and painted the night before the ride.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Now for some rear quarter hacking....

11. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">The other K5 was mine. Joel, you were in the same group as the guys from my club right? Good to hear you had a good time. We started to run Pick Your Poison, but others in the group werent set up (ugly) enough for that trail, so we turned around. I also want to try Whompum. I think I found a line where I can get up that one huge rock. Here's my pics http://chrisd71k5.i8.com/Paragon_10-12

I also had to pull a Jeep out. The orange one in my pics broke a centering pin, and they couldnt get the rear driveshaft back together so I had to tow it out.