Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just got a 67***UPDATED WITH PICS***

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by cojnit, Jun 3, 2003.

1. cojnit

cojnit 1/2 ton status

I JUST GOT A 1967 gmc sUBURBAN AND MAN AM i PUMPED.

although I have a ton of questions about fixing them up.

1. Has anyone ever done a swap on the hinges for the rear barn doors? I would love to make those work from the inside.

2. Does anyone know where I can get a grill support for a 1967 chevy. I can't seem to find one anywhere. Everyone has the chrome inserts, but not the actuall Grill.

3. I am also looking for some stock bench seats for the back. Cant seem to find those either. would love to get some pictures of what other people have done for the back seats.

4. It has an inline 6 (250) with a manual 3 on the tree. Has anyone swapped in a sbV8 into one of these, and will it bolt up to the manual 3 speed trans?

That is it for now. I am sure I will have a ton more questions to follow. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: just got a 67

nice ride, can't wait to see pics of it....wish i could help you on some of the questions you have, but i have a 75 burb.....i do have some extra rear seats(2nd row and 3rd row) from a 2nd gen burb, if you think you can get those to work /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

4. cojnit

cojnit 1/2 ton status

what do you think you would want for them??

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I've been asking $50 for the burb 3rd seat which is a blue/gray cloth color, and $50 for the burb 2nd row set of seats, which are a tanish color.

6. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

Ive got a 2nd row bench out of a 72 you can have.

7. cojnit

cojnit 1/2 ton status

what kind of shape??

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    2. Does anyone know where I can get a grill support for a 1967 chevy. I can't seem to find one anywhere. Everyone has the chrome inserts, but not the actuall Grill

[/ QUOTE ]
    I thought you said you had a GMC? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Chevy and GMC were actually completely different trucks up until '69 or so. Dont be suprised to find Chevy parts from the same year that will not work on your GMC. I think the truck in the background of this pic is a GMC:
    [​IMG]
    The grill was smashed up but may have some parts that are still good. I will check next chance I get to go in there (Ira's in Madras, OR).

[ QUOTE ]
    4. It has an inline 6 (250) with a manual 3 on the tree. Has anyone swapped in a sbV8 into one of these, and will it bolt up to the manual 3 speed trans?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Frame mounts and bellhousing bolt patterns will be a direct bolt up deal to put a Chevy small block in there (Big block isnt much more work either).

9. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

NICE BURB!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    There are only a few of us that have the 67-72 Burbs on this site. My Suburban has been in the family for 20 years, so if you have any questions, I should be able to help.

Here is mine:
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. cojnit

cojnit 1/2 ton status

what about the grill assembly from the chevy in the picture? Think that one is for sale??