Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just got a 84 gmc jimmy!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by speed_deed, Jan 13, 2002.

1. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

I just got a '84 k5 for $150.00! My dad was reading the paper and saw it for sale under parts/rebuilders for $250.00, We went to go see it and I knew I wanted it. A guy had already said he was going to get his money and he would be back to get it but We gave the owner our number and told him to call us if the guy didnt show back up and around 7:30 the guy called us and said the guy didnt come back so we went to look at it again wednesday and offered $150 after a bit the owner said well if we haven't got a better offer by sunday we'll call you and my ol' man said "take the $150 now or dont bother calling" after awhile the guy said yeah and write then we took care of the title and gave him a check.
    Its rusty and has been smashed up front and the fan is just far enough away from the motor to keep from hitting it. it has a 305 and a completly rebuilt transmission (didnt look to see what it was I just looked under it to see what it was like). ofcourse it's 4x4 and its got 33x12.50's the front 2 are desert dogs and I dont remember what the back 2 are but i know they are what my buddy just put on his 2002 chevy 3/4 ton. I'm gonna go crawl under it and figure out some more and take some pictures of it. I'll also post a link to some pictures I took lastnight at the nhra thunder nationals. There were 2 awesome k5s there my kid brother was amazed at the size of the k5's his head was at the nerf bars. He liked them more than he liked the monster trucks (except for samson).

1985 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. 1970 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition shaker hood, steering column shift.

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Cool. sounds like a good find.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

So I guess that means we'll be seeing you around here more..........OH GOODY!!!!![​IMG]

<font color=red>DIGGING AND DIGGING AND DIGGING</font color=red>

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Hey man, I saw this thread posted by speed deed and thought, "oh my god, Canmore is gonna say something". [​IMG]

Sure enough, I scroll down and see you already did!! [​IMG]

He must stick out like a sore thumb for you!! [​IMG]

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Did I miss something?

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Yeah........it may seem petty and immature, but I just can't seem to forget the fact that my wife was the first to see the "lovely"[​IMG] e-mail he sent me last year.

So call me petty and immature then- I can take it. BTW, I have yet to get an apology from lil' Eddie..........

<font color=red>DIGGING AND DIGGING AND DIGGING</font color=red>