Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just got a 90 k-5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by browningejm, Mar 28, 2005.

1. browningejm

browningejm Registered Member

I just got me a new toy!! Black/red silverado , mint condition. What a beauty. It has a 3" body lift with 33's. I have a couple of questions? I would like to put a 4" suspension lift w/35's. Will the stock 10 bolts handle them? (I am not going to beat the crap out her).ALso the fuel gauge doesn't work. it has a new tank and sending unit. What could be the problem? any input would be appreciated? TIA,ERIK

2. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Nice find, but you can't say 'mint condition' without showing pics.:deal:

Personally I would ditch the body lift altogether. Then get a 4" shackle flip out back along with 2" springs and 6" springs in front. Depending on how you're going to use it you might not even need to go 6", a 4" and a little minor fender trimming on the front would keep the tires from rubbing. If you're not going to abuse it (yeah right :)) then the 10B will hold up fine. You just might need to replace bearings and ball joints a little more often. Have you also thought about a gear swap so it doesn't dog down or a tranny cooler to keep from frying the tranny?
    As for the gas gauge, does it read empty or full? It may be that the ground wire didn't get hooked back up when the sending unit was replaced. It's on the driver's side frame rail on top towards, right behind the shock mount.

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Welcome neighbor. The most common failure for the fuel gauge not reading is acutally a bad ground. You'll have to do a continuity test to see if power is going to the gauge.

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

congrats on the new ride..

i would suggest changing the bodylift to a 1" and going with a flip out back and 4" Tuff countrys up front..

5. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nice score... I have a thing for 90s myself :dunno: :dunno: