Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just got a few ??s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEK5, Sep 27, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

i may have already posted this before, but anyways my question is, wheres the best place to buy Moog BJs and axle shaft u joints? locally or is there a good deal on the net?

also what u-joints should i get? brute force? spicer?

2. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I just replaced my u-joints with the brute force ones from auto zone and its much smoother and no vibrations any more from my warn out spicer ones that were probably originals to the truck :crazy:

I don't like how the brute forces can't be greased. But that just means I'll have to replace them sooner. But Brute Force has a pretty good warenty.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

My Brute Forces are greasable

4. NEK5

where did you get the greasable ones muddytazz? also is there a place on the net that has moogs,or should i go local...is it hard to grease the axle shaft joints??

Glen, did you do the axle shaft or drive shaft joints?

5. Chevy305

Not mine. There are no grease fitings to grease. I asked for geasable but it would have to ordered and then it would have been backordered. So I went with the cheaper ones :rolleyes:

6. Chevy305

Ya drive shaft u-joints. I Should have been more specific.

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I got my greasable brutes at a local parts house, they only stock name brand stuff....brute force, moog, timken, etc. That is where I buy all my stuff. Check out the local mom and pop auto parts stores. But some chain stores DO carry them or they can at least get them, you just have to ask.

8. the beast

the beast 1/2 ton status

For you two Ma$$holes :haha: check out any of the Brookline Machine branches. They carry Spicer and Brute Force stuff. Good guys to deal with too. I have my drive shafts made at their RI branch.

9. NEK5

ok, today i checked out the 2 local mom and pop stores.....for moogs from Mahans will be 39 for uppers, 35 for lowers, so about 155 total...and from Indy it will be 42 for uppers and 37 for lowers, so about 165 total...the guy from Indy told me the Moogs now have a teflon lining in them, anyone know that? i also asked one of the places a price for joints, and Mahans has them for 17 with zurk in middle, and 21 for zerks on ends...what are you opinions on the positions of the zerks?? the brand of the wheel joints are called Precision, any ever hear of that?????....

10. NEK5

i think i`ll check what indy can get for the joints, oh yea they both can get the stuff next day, i`m leaning more towards indy because of the knowledge those guys have....