Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just got a sony xplod and kenwood 10' sub Need some help with this stuff

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 84CUCV, Jul 11, 2002.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Just got a sony xplod and kenwood 10\' sub Need some help with this stuff

My k5 needs a radio. So I got Sony xplod 50wx40 cdx-mp450x head unit. Paid $200 for it. The subs are kenwood 500w 10" kfc-w25o3 for $125 w/ a two year warranty. I was told they are no longer made and I should get my money back. I thought it was a good place to start so I went for it. Now I am thinking I messed up. Please tell me my friend is wrong. It this a good or a bad place to start?? I just don't want to waste my money. Well, thanks for the help.

Mike

2. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Re: Just got a sony xplod and kenwood 10\' sub Need some help with this stuff

125.00 each for the subs or 125.00 for the pair?

3. 84CUCV

For the pair with 2 year warranty. I am gooing to look at some infinity speakers and a Sony amp today so I can put it in my truck soon. Mike

4. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I'd pass on using a sony amp. That was a good deal on the speakers though as long as they do have a valid warranty.

5. 84CUCV

How is the xplod? How are crossfire products? I was thinking of just going to crutchfield for speackers and a amp. Any ideas what I should go for?? Tahnks for your help

Mike

6. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Tell me what your looking for and I'll get you a quote on the Crossfire. I would use it over sony products for sure. I will get it to your door for the best price I can.

7. 84CUCV

OK....cool thanks. I looked at audio today. I have no clue what to look for. I am looking for 6x9s and what ever will fit the dash i don't even know. Do I need a amp for the 6x9s and the subs or just the subs and run the 6x9 off the head unit? How are jbl amps I might have one coming my way soon. Thanks for the help!!

Mike

8. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

3.5" speakers up front on the dash. I would not buy a Sony amp also. What I would do if iwere to build a complete system from the start is get the Head Unit, 4 channel amp, wirirng, and 2 pairs of new speakers.

In the back you have the option of using the 4x10s or whatever trash came stock or 6x9 boxes next to the back seat or what I did and put 6.5's in the side panels.

Then you can get an additional amp and subs. If your buying nice equiment do not buy from crutchfeild. they do have some good deals sometimes though. Also check ebay often alot of good deals on new equipment.