Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just got a trunk load of FREE parts!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PhoenixZorn, Jun 2, 2005.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

So this guy down the block from me has a 72 blazer and happened to just replace most of this stuff on his motor with that really shiny stuff that leaks a lot... I think he called it Chrome... :grin: :grin: Anyway, he was going to throw away all the parts he replaced, so he gave me them all for free...

I got an oil pump, power steering pump, fan, intake (GM factory one), Quadrajet (manual choke), distributor cap with brand new 8.5mm wires, clips, and mounting brackets attached, and ****ty chrome valve covers... He said if I need an alternator, I can have that too...

Nice guy, eh?

Now all I need is a wiring harness, AC compressor that is already converted to R134 since R12 is illegal, and all the rest of the parts listed in my Fire topic... I'm not about to list them all again... I'll start listing when I get to that point...

While I'm doing the body swap, I might as well do a body lift... and I'm thinking of going with just a 1inch lift. I don't need any more than that, and I can do it with 6 hockey pucks... that's like $5.00 My question is how to use hockey pucks for a body lift... drill the center out, get longer bolts, and have at it? or is there something special I need to do??

2. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

i thin ppl just refer to the lift blocks as hockey pucks, i have never seen anyone use actual hockey pucks and you have more then 6 body mounts.

3. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

i think its between 12 and 16 pucks? and some people actually do use hockey pucks, to be 100% honest i think they would work... they are surprisingly strong. i personally would just spend 80 on an ORD kit though

4. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

Ive heard that the hockey pucks can break because they're somewhat brittle. Nice score on the parts!

Later

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

R12 is not illegal to use, it is however illegal to manufacture, so whats out there now is all that will be out.

6. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

That's pretty much the problem... I live in Wisconsin, and it is illegal to refill with R12... R134 or whatever is available across the border (IL) but that means I actually have to go there to get it... As far as I know, there is nothing available in Wisconsin due to recently placed laws regarding the AC chemicals.

7. Zeitler

Zeitler Registered Member

yea that sounds like a really nice guy...

needless to say ..but i never get anything for free ..people seems to be obsessed with anything that is worth something :what:

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i havent heard of any laws against ANY AC refrigerants. seems pretty stupid to me to make all of them not available. hell, i can buy R134a at Wal Mart.

9. metto

metto Registered Member

dude...dont be stupid. using hockey pucks as body lift is dangerious and booty fab. after about a year they will crack and fall apart. then you will hurt yourself and someone else. body lifts are cheap, ill sell you my 3in for like $60