Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just got back from Colorado.. you lucky SOB's..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by XHitman396, Jul 12, 2004.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

Just got back from Colorado.. you lucky SOB\'s..

So went on vacation with the family to a condo my dad's company owns in keystone.. i now have a deeper hate for Oklahoma than i did before. I'd been there 2 other times to ski, but i guess i was too psyched out to really look around, but it's truly amazing.

The scenery was fantastic, mountains and trees, zero litter compared to here, tons of wildlife, etc. There's a helluvalot more stuff like hobbies to do also, mountain bike, hike, raft (really enjoyed it) and hell you can even just drive and have a good time.

And the weather was perfect, today in tulsa we have a 106 degree heat index, when I step outside, i automatically start sweating, there, its like 70 degrees.. in summer.. perfect.

I was with my family and didn't have really time to meet up with anyone, but i never saw any backroad trails that you could legally wheel on, so where do you guys go, hit rocks more than mud, any mud at all?

The only advantages we have i think is its cheaper here, and can you guys hunt ducks? Because that would be a major drawback if not.

Well i just thought I'd let you guys know how lucky you are and how envious i am of you.. its really great, but one last question, why do u guys have 85 octane gasoline? ive never seen it, any reason from the altitude or something?

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Re: Just got back from Colorado.. you lucky SOB\'s..

[ QUOTE ]
    why do u guys have 85 octane gasoline?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Higher altitude you can get away with lower octane. When my buddy came out from NY, he notice the same thing and said "WTF?". /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    The only advantages we have i think is its cheaper here

[/ QUOTE ]
    You were in the one of the pricier areas of Colorado.

[ QUOTE ]
    hit rocks more than mud

[/ QUOTE ]
    Lots of rocks, not much mud. IMO

3. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

Ducks in the Arkansas river valley, Canadian Geese by the hundreds of thousands North of Denver, around the Windsor/Severance area. Have never hunted either one, but I know they are there.

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Plenty of waterfowling on the western slope, and there is mud, it's just mixed with rocks, big ones.

5. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

all those tags/licenses must cost a fortune, though. Can anyone explain exactly how you can get away with lower octane? ya i was with the family and had no real say in what we did, but i know where your talkin about at Storm Trooper's house. i may come up next year, ill have to drop a line...

6. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

i envy anyone who lives in a different state other than Connecticut or Massachusettes...boring, expensive, not many places to wheel, hate the weather...ehhh owell take what u can get right

7. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

I know TAXachusettes. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: Just got back from Colorado.. you lucky SOB\'s.. *DELETED*

Post deleted by HarryH3

9. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting

[ QUOTE ]
    had no real say in what we did, but i know where your talkin about at Storm Trooper's house.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep, you missed out. The beer is always cold here.
    You could have thrown a stone and hit my house (with a really good arm, of course /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif).
    I also could have picked you up so you could ditch the family for a few hours.
    I could have taken you to the top of a mountain for a view you'd love too. Maybe next time /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    But as you probably noticed, the oil companies that sell that swill call it "regular" here and charge us the same price as if it were 87 octane elsewhere. The bastids charge an extra 15 cents per gallon to sell us 87 octane which they call "mid-grade" here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, coming from florida I wondered why the ocatane levels were lower. Now I know! and I also thought it was bullshit that they charge the same price for 85 as 87.. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif