Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just got back from Colorado!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89GMCSuburban, May 25, 2003.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Well, guys, I'm finaaly back from Colorado! It was definitely a good time, although almost all the roads I wanted to go on were closed. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif The only one open was Bunce School Road, right out of Camp Dick, near Ward. That one was decent, although it was raining then turned into snow! By the way, if anyone wants to know, Ward was a strange town...kind of creepy, like a Stephen King movie. Anyway, I saw plenty of K5's, maybe some of yours! We went up Trail Ridge Road, and almost two miles up, I lost my idler pulley on the tensioner! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Bearing went out and froze up, and the pulley twisted off the bearing. Just so happens, a Denver News 9 truck was there and shot some video, so, let me know if you see a big, red suburban on the news! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I averaged a whopping 12-14 MPG the whole way. One question for the guys in Denver... I saw a lot of cracked windshields in Denver, did you guys have a big hailstorm or something?
    Well, it was fun, and I will have to go back sometime when the roads are open. And also, thanks to the guys who offered help! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif That was real cool of you... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear you had a good time. Hope you get back this way soon. And yes we do get hail storms often, espically this time of year.